Model A beltline

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clipper

Spent some time today on the Pullmax creating a 30 / 31 Model A beltline. I am going to use these along with some Model A cowls that I have on hand to build some RPU bodies. If anyone is interested in some of these panels, please let me know, I can make entire panels or just the beltline section if you need. I am currently making more die sets for the Pullmax, so if you need something unique, drop me a line.

121_0704.jpg

121_0703.jpg

121_0698.jpg

121_0702.jpg

121_0701.jpg

That piece looks really nice, I'm not in the market for one of those but always interested in how things are made. Curious,why the 90% bend, is that to hold it straight while it's going through the pullman? I wish I had access to machinery like that because I like seeing how things work and learning first hand. :cool:

That piece looks really nice, I'm not in the market for one of those but always interested in how things are made. Curious,why the 90% bend, is that to hold it straight while it's going through the pullman? I wish I had access to machinery like that because I like seeing how things work and learning first hand. :cool:

Yes the bend was put in there to help with the guide. I shear it off when done. Ive got other ways of holding the sheet metal to the guide just on this one (repair panel) its quicker to brake the 90 and run it thru.

Thanks for your reply, I have another question. Does the pullman work like a plinishing hammer or is it an actual press motion that does the forming? I'm not familiar with metal working machines but would like to be.

Thanks for your reply, I have another question. Does the pullman work like a plinishing hammer or is it an actual press motion that does the forming? I'm not familiar with metal working machines but would like to be.

I guess you would have to say more a multiple pressing machine.

Really nice clipper. What's up with those bomber seats behind your Pullmax?

Gastrick, thats a original stainless steel seat that I picked up awhile ago.
Im in the process of making some patterns to make some more. Ive done plenty of the round style figured Id give the square ones a shot. The stainless ones are spot welded together thats going to be an interesting challenge. just another iron in the fire.

That looks great. I searched for door skins and ended up having to hammer and patch my old ones, that would have been nice to have.

Sean

model A door skin/side panel

Played with the pullmax some more made some side panels for an RPU project.
They are 28 1/2 tall 44" in length. let me know what ya think.

121_0718.jpg

121_0724.jpg

121_0723.jpg

28-29 belt line

pulled a door off one of the sedans I have around the shop today
gonna pull a mold off it and try to get something going for the 28-29 guys.
update sunday nite. thanks for the interest Clipper

Latest posts

Back