Model A build??

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustJoe

The reason for the question marks is because I do not have a body yet so I really dont know what it will be. I have a model a frame that Ive torn down and got some paint on it. Im in the process of tear the front end apart but stubborn hubs have move me to the rear end where I have one side torn down and the other is on its way. I have 2 flatheads, one complete, and one that came in a box. The one in the box I have rebuilt the bottom end and all I need is a set of valves and its ready for heads.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 31
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 20
Box

Joe,
I suggest you box that frame if you're going to use a V8 in it. If not the whole thing, at least in the front around the motor. Those frames are pretty flimsy.

ISore

Yes, I do plan on boxing it. Im not sure if I will be doing the hole frame or just the first half.

Looks good so far - keep at it. Looks a lot like my build - Model A coupe body, model a frame, flathead. I've got a few T5 5-speeds, and my front end is pretty much done. 42-47 axle, econoline spindles, drum brakes.

Good luck
Pete

Picture042.jpg

I could just sit here and stare!! Those three holes on each side of the frame - are they the old motor mount locations?

I'm not sure which holes you're talking about - I didn't get an original motor or brackets with mine.

I'll be boxing the frame and going with flathead motor mounts, using dimensions from tardel's book "How to build a traditional Ford hotrod"

Good luck
Pete

Latest posts

Back