More thumb removal needed!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

21willys

Ok some of you might remember a thread that I made awhile back about a F1 frame that I bought. It had no shackles on the rear leafs and some scary welds holding the sub frame in.

Well today I got asked to look at fixing the steering column and brakes in the cab off of the previously mentioned frame.

F4B65AF0-C95F-45A5-99B3-D737D14579C4-2559-0000017B23C4690D_zps8d501fb9.jpg

4DDAF042-57D5-43BC-8134-D575B0ACD959-2559-0000017B367212C6_zps9ef04e99.jpg

35E6C122-1A54-4302-BBA8-FFFFE6B5740B-2559-0000017B404D28A4_zps396b3f79.jpg

The last pic is a bit fuzzy but I was trying to show the hole that they chewed for the booster.

Once I get the truck to my shop I will post some more pics of some of the other stuff I've found.

Apparently the original "builder" spent a lot of time on 'There, I Fixed It'. :rolleyes:

We built something with that level of precision once. It was an outhouse, we were camping, and drinking a lot.

Last edited:
Sometimes you cut and you cut and you cut....

and you're still too short!! Looks like a beavers been nawin on it.... :D

Anybody notice the "spacers" on the column mount yet?

On the screw that's holding the main bracket to the dash they actually used caulking to keep the nut from backing off. :D

On the screw that's holding the main bracket to the dash they actually used caulking to keep the nut from backing off. :D

Good tech tip! :rolleyes:

I just realized thats a late model column too - UHG! Nothing looks chunkier in a pre-50 vehicle.

It's most likely out of the same metric style nova that the sub frame came out of. I think all of the mess is out of the same car.

The current owner wants me to put a stock column in it and adapt it to the Chrysler k member that's in it.

K-car

I have a 35 frame that looks like a K-car front. Any idea how to identify what year ront? How about parts availability? Thanks for any help!

We built something with that level of precision once. It was an outhouse, we were camping, and drinking a lot.

Pffsstt!! Dang it - there goes my coffee.

The spacer is such a rookie move. Everyone knows you are supposed to use US-made blocks of wood - and none of that Chinese wood either!

Latest posts

Back