More yard art

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willowbilly3

A *real* tin magnet
Cleaning the garage and trying to finish half done and still-born projects. I started this a year ago with a ride-on car and the base of a bird bath, both of which I found at the city dump. Tired of stumbling over the pieces so I finished it up today. I think it would make a great trophy for a ratrod carshow.

Took me a minute to figure out what all you changed, that is awesome. [cl

Yeah, I did quite a bit of work. I took the top where the kid used to set, cut that out and bent it into the seat. I ditched the original wheels and used some from an old wicker doll carriage and lowered it quite a bit, added the steering wheel made from an old cinch ring and the stainless strip on the hood, and pipes. Originally the steering wheel came out the top of the hood where you can see the brighter red paint.

I started with an older version of this toy.
http://www.radioflyer.com/little-red-roadster.html

Great idea!
We have two of these cars, one we got from the dump years ago and one from a garage sale. My 2 1/2 year old grandson loves riding them around. Might have to steal your idea and do a bit of a conversion on one...

I took it to show a friend who owns a gallery and does a lot of photo restoration, framing ect. He just had to have it in his shop so now it's in the front window on main street with a $350 price tag. :eek: I doubt if he sells it.

It would make a lovely postbox for advertising and packets! and you could always leave it at the entry and hide your keys on it!

I took it to show a friend who owns a gallery and does a lot of photo restoration, framing ect. He just had to have it in his shop so now it's in the front window on main street with a $350 price tag. :eek: I doubt if he sells it.

In some of the artsy-fartsy tourist towns around me you could get double the $350 price tag.
Great job WB.
Torchie.

Latest posts

Back