motivation at last

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here it is as of today! rolling,cab ready to have the steering,seatsing,shifter ect built and installed, hoorah!

Attachments

• latest 002.jpg
    latest 002.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 76
  • latest 001.jpg
    latest 001.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 79
you in dunners stockcar4d? i used to race standard stock 33d out of dargaville, and 343wr out of whangArei

yea mate,down here in the deep south, i dont race anymore but have done for the last 9yrs, who did you buy 33D stockcar from?? its got me beat! lol....what do you think of this forum?? theres some amazing things going on in here thats for sure...good to see a bit of kiwi amongst it !!

You gotta keep us updated more - with lots more pics! There aren't a lot of these builds around. If you finish this, there are eventually going to be a lot of S-10 and Rangers following your path.

What are you going to do for a bed? Do you still have the bed, fenders, and hood?

How about a windshield? I'd think about forming the opening for a flat glass, split windshield.

im still undecided on the deck for it,either using the skin off the factory deck or a flat bed?? maybe mudgaurds and a tray??? and yes i know i should get off my butt and get this thing finished but there always seems to be more pressing things to do:( but everytime there's progress im snapping away with the camera....there just hasn't been any as of late...i supose i could be out in the shed now instead of tying this up huh....[;)

I had a thought about the bed sides. Not sure I can relate this...

If you have a regular slab side bed (not step side), cut the rear end of the bed panels so they stop at the wheel, but curved to match the curve of the tire. So it looks like the tire is tucked in behind it. Then nothing on the rear of the tire.

Make any sense? Just a passing thought anyhow....

hmm...im liking the idea of a flat windscreen the more i think about it, but i love the shape it has as it is!! [S and i think i get your idea for the back end which has given me more ideas for that too:confused: this is great:)

If you can get the glass to fit as is, go for it. If you keep breaking them, then it's time to think about flat.

a bit more...

done this today, good ol galvy pipe! i hate it,which is why itys a pleasure to be turning it into exhaust pipes! "burn damn you"...its funny you know, theres a semi retired engineer lives next door,he has a huge workshop with all the stuff you could ever need to do what im doing here in my shed, and i get on with him really well, but i'v never contimplated asking to use his gear!? im going to have to ask for help eventually but till then im quite happy doing it the long,hard on the back,losing skin off the knuckles way for now.theyre a bit rough but im happy with them, [P

Attachments

• latestest 003.jpg
    latestest 003.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 23
  • latestest 005.jpg
    latestest 005.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 22
  • latestest 009.jpg
    latestest 009.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 18
  • latestest 011.jpg
    latestest 011.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 22
  • latestest 015.jpg
    latestest 015.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 26
oh yea, i forgot i also made the steering arm...what a fine piece of craftsmanship! the idea is to have the two arms at both ends of the axle all lining up and looking nice when its sitting with its wheels straight.so far so good.

Attachments

• latestestest 004.jpg
    latestestest 004.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 15
  • latestestest 006.jpg
    latestestest 006.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 21
  • latestestest 005.jpg
    latestestest 005.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 18
  • latestestest 003.jpg
    latestestest 003.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 15
  • latestestest 002.jpg
    latestestest 002.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 13
Looks great. Low tech rocks!

Sure, start using the neighbors nice tools. Soon you'll clean up that dirty motor. After that you'll be painting stuff! Then you'll be sittin' in a lawn chair yellin' at kids to keep back!!! :eek:

finished all 8 pipes finally, now its on to the steering! i found a few treasures,including this lovely old universal off an old 3cylinder detroit diesel engine(i think it drove the fuel pump or somethin?), and im going to get my steering wheel.....CHROMED!!! :eek:
i mite beef it up a bit but its pretty much done, just need to mount it all.[cl

Attachments

• steering wheel 009.jpg
    steering wheel 009.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 25
  • steering wheel 002.jpg
    steering wheel 002.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 26
  • steering wheel 003.jpg
    steering wheel 003.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 28
  • steering wheel 004.jpg