Motor swap for a guy...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfg455

The Hot Rod Cop
Just swapping out the inline 6 three speed for a 351W and a T5 in his 59 Ford truck. He bought it down in Tennesee and drove it up here. Good running inline too. Whole motor and trans set up will be sold to help off set costs if you guys know any one who may want it. This was the first day and about 5 hours in. Motor and trans out, new motor got a new rear main seal, oil pan gasket, distibutor and intake. Tomorrow should have eveything set in and have the trans crossmember made up.

Last edited:
Lol You are correct ZZ. My W is just upside down...[cl

The stock inline 6 and 3 spd are for sale. Complete from water pump to tail shaft. I drove it into the shop today. $600 for the motor and trans and I am in NH

That's one thing Ford actually got right, they put the distributor in the front of the motor instead of jammed up against the firewall.
And yes, post up more pictures of your progress.

mods might move this to the motor section

Moving right along. The new flywheel was missing 3 of the needed 6 bolt holes, you need a 152 tooth flywheel with the 24 oz counter weight to put a T5 behind a 351W. You need the starter from an 88 mustang as well. Tilton just made a pull style slave cylinder for the T5 cable style bell housing which you can hook up to the stock clutch master.

It was McLeod that makes the retro fit pull style slave for the T5 Mustang trans. Headman headers for the block huggers. I knocked out a quick trans crossmember out of roll bar tubing and angle iron. 4* down angle (from 0 truck angle) will actually be closer to 2.5 - 3* due to rubber rake. Waiting on a yoke for the drive shaft, pullies and the altenator. Then just have to fab a lower radiator hose, rework the shifter and do a little wiring.

Latest posts

Back