motorcycle engine rat rod

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lost in the 50s

something new

Attachments

• IM001595.JPG
    IM001595.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 159
  • IM001594.JPG
    IM001594.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 54
  • IM001592.JPG
    IM001592.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 112
  • IM001591.JPG
    IM001591.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 102
I want to do that with a legends car. Make it street legal and drive the crap out of it!

Attachments

• Legends.jpg
    Legends.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 40
twin lizzy

How did you convert from the chain drive to the rear axle? And how is the clutch handling aal the wieght of the car? Please let me know and show the undercarriage if possible. Very cool by the way!!!! Gets my creative juices flowing...:D

Kool!

I've always thought bike powered cars would be really kool but typically they have no reverse. I did a Goog search a while back & there were some kool companies that used Ford trannies etc for that. Ck this link...

Bike powered cars!

BoB

MC powered cars are cool. I have a VFR 750 powered mini-buggy and it hauls. You can add a reverse box if you are willing to shell out the dough (they aren't cheap). JeffCo and RPM both make them.

for a reverse you can use a starter motor of a car, to drive another chain and sprocket, on the drive axle.
just have to set it up so that when you "hit" the button it drives you backwards, it would give you as many reverse gears as forwards though:D

the other way is to use a pre-engage starter and the "ring gear" off a car and set it up. by mounting it to the "drive" sprocket, so you get the same affect.

"hit" the electric button to engage the starter, and you go backwards

Cool....

That's pretty cool, knuckle head powered. :cool:
Thanks for sharing that one, grunt. '22

Latest posts

Back