Motorcycle tires on front?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bell

Anybody running motorcycle tires on the front? I have a 18x4 wheel that I'm wanting to run on the front of my DB, and found these tires... I love the tread pattern and I think they'd look great with the 20" rears that I'll be running... Just wanted some input on running motorcycle tires...

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/KNT-047611879B0/All/

Thanks and sorry for the dumb questions... Jon

Yeah, I think the weight rating will be the killer...

Looks like 500-600 pounds per tire, depending on size.

Any ideas for a narrow 18" tire that will look good with regular passenger car radials on the back? I can't seem to find anything.

I hope you're not faint hearted. Those skinny tires get whipped around by grooves, uneven sections and imperfections in the road and are a little bit scary in my opinion. Not sure what kind of driving you do but Ive found driving on anything but concrete highway at speed or in the rain can be a real heart stopper. Just my experience but I sort of like to stay in my own lane. :D

Toad

i had a customer who had to have them and i dont like the idea of them, the contact area is narrow in the center, so going around turns at any rate of speed might get sketchy, since motorcycles lean to increase contact and cats cant

Good points fellas... I guess I didn't think about it enough. I'd like to fine SOMETHING narrow to put on these wheels. I'm using 275/60R20's on the rear. I'm thinking that maybe I need to use 20's all around. Just find a narrower (and slightly shorter) tire to put on the front and roll with it.

Thanks, I appreciate all the input! JB

Good points fellas... I guess I didn't think about it enough. I'd like to fine SOMETHING narrow to put on these wheels. I'm using 275/60R20's on the rear. I'm thinking that maybe I need to use 20's all around. Just find a narrower (and slightly shorter) tire to put on the front and roll with it.

Coker makes all kinda tires... ck them! Bias tires can be pretty narrow and again... Coker!

BoB

I thought about that, but I don't like the idea of having $1000 in tires... But, that may be the only option. I'll probably just find some narrower 20's and run them on the front until I can scrape up the coin for a full set of bias ply. I sure wish they weren't soooo expensive, a full set of Firestone bias plys would definately "make" the ride.

tires

Iagree with 51f1 the V.W tires are the way to go and the brand new V.W.s have the right street tread.Only thing I have seen using motorcycle tires on front axle is lightweight T-Buckets and don"t handle good at all.:cool:

Latest posts

Back