Mountain in PA

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mountain

Hello everyone,
I am from northern Pennsylvania, but I get my nickname from attending the ARMY's Mountain Warfare school in Jerico Vermont. I am currently in the National Guard a 19Kilo (tanker) though. I have lots of projects going, but I am using a 1957 International S110 as my daily driver, strait stock and flat black). I am in the middle of a 1951 Chevy Deluxe with a "built" 235 (bored .30 over, comp cam, fenton headers, and a duel Fenton intake) with 38,000 miles on her. She was a barn find that was parked in the barn in 1956 and never moved from that day. I also have a 1938 Ford pickup that I am going to get to one of these days. Has anyone put a newer frame under a 38 Ford? I have been thinking a lot about this old truck of mine but the frame is total shot. I would like to make a nice resto rod of it but i am not sure where to start. Any tips would be appreciated. I will post pics of my projects when I have more time. Looking forward to being part of this site. Thanks!

Mountain

Thanks for the welcome I will have to get back to work and load some up, I have them all on that computer. So anyone out there ever build a resto rod 38 Ford P/U?

Pics of international

So I finally got some pics to load up of my International. It is a 1957 International S110 that is all original (35,000 miles), I just switch to radials because my father was giving me a hard time about running old bias ply tires. The tractor is a 1959 Oliver 550, one of my original projects. The International was my anniversary present when I was in Afghanistan. I have other projects I will have to get some pics of. I am currently in the middle of a full blown, frame off restoration of a 1951 Chevy Deluxe with a built 235. I want to go with the 50's rodders style, nothing extreme, just classy. Thanks again for the warm welcome! Getting around to get my 1938 Ford PU started, I want to get some of the work done before the body goes south.

Mountain
My other vehicle is a Tank!

Attachments

• international&hay.jpg
    international&hay.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 11
  • me and tank.jpg
    me and tank.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Oliver and International.jpg
    Oliver and International.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 9
  • internaional in snow.jpg
    internaional in snow.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
1938 Ford PU

Here is my 1938 Ford PU. I dragged thing home when I was 14 Years old for $250.00. I still have not gotten to her but I hope to soon My daughter is now 11 so maybe we can do some of the work together. So much to do where do you start?

Attachments

• 1938 Ford.jpg
    1938 Ford.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 6
Let me know if you have any International questions. I have found some really good resources while doing mine. Good Luck!

Latest posts

Back