My 1st thoughts on Lonestar Round Up!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
Thought I'd give a lil report on Lonestar Round Up before I started working on the photo report! Seems the reports of the demise of rattys was a lil premature! [ddd There were plenty of the last several years builds, more work was done on others and there were plenty of new ones as well. There were some weird developments (IMO). 1st off... the most noticeable thing was fake patina that were then clear coated. It's usually pretty obvious when someone tries to fake patina by sanding certain areas like fender tops or any area that might have received wear & tear but... to clear coat that... weird!!! Another thing I noticed... MSD spark boxes on rattys but right in sight on the cowl. Oh well! Looks like LSRU is moving towards more & more Kustoms & there were quite a few iconic lead sleds by the Barris Bros & others. Thought you might like a few photos B4 I get on with the real photo thread!

BoB

Attachments

• meratty.jpg
    meratty.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 76
  • manordelivery.jpg
    manordelivery.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 71
  • steeringwheel.jpg
    steeringwheel.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 67
  • kopperkustom.jpg
    kopperkustom.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 63
That rat rod thing is just a fad. It won't last.

Any more pics of that first one? That's a kick butt ride!! Especially those air cleaners!!!

You know who started that MSD box on top of the cowl, it was that TV show, either two guys garage or Stacy David's Gearz. They built a "rat rod" using a brand new Brookville body and drilled holes right in the top of the cowl to mount the box. :rolleyes: That car ended up being a $ 50,000 rat rod.

Talk about jumping on the rat rod bandwagon. :rolleyes:

Don

I don't think most people get or understand rat rods, but everyone also has a different definition of a rat rod. When I talk about what I'm wanting to build and that I'm not going to paint it, they get confused. I personally think it has been fun seeing how cheap I get my parts found, and some of the stories that come with hunting the parts are priceless.

Latest posts

Back