My '27 has a new room-mate

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmel

My wifes Ford Escape is getting a bit old and high on the miles, was about time to start thinking about replacing it. Wife decided that she wanted another Escape, but i didn't want to pay that much for a car. I strategically posed the question - wouldn't you rather have a sled? We can get a good running driving car for a lot less than even a used Escape. You'd enjoy it more, its cooler, an escapes value will plummet year over year, while this one should increase in value (especially as we fix it up)...and again....its cooler. She agreed, and found this '51 the next day. Put down a deposit to have the guy hold it until i got my money together, and we brought her home Friday night.

Wife is a happy girl...can barely keep her out of the car. Hell, i've only driven it twice for very short distances. She even begged to put the car in her name...even though I'm paying for it...but hey, i'm a nice guy.

Coolest garage in the neighborhood.
P1050664.jpg

P1050715.jpg

P1050713.jpg

P1050720.jpg

FIX her up???? You tryin to be funny???

[cl[cl[cl Great score!!

LOL. Well, there are a few things.that have to be addressed. For starters, I went to take her out to get dinner a few.minutes ago and she won't start. Drove it all weekend without issues. Wife is mad at me...thinks I broke her car. I haven't even driven it 2 miles since we got it, and I somehow broke it.

Very nice but we've gotta see under that hood! :eek::D

Toad

SBC 350 w/ th350. Need to work on throw of gas pedal, as of now, its only pulling maybe 50% throttle when your foot is to the floor. I think i'll keep it as is for a while to keep the misses out of trouble. She might have too much fun burning up those purdy new wide whites with full power.

Motor1.jpg

LOL. Well, there are a few things.that have to be addressed. For starters, I went to take her out to get dinner a few.minutes ago and she won't start. Drove it all weekend without issues. Wife is mad at me...thinks I broke her car. I haven't even driven it 2 miles since we got it, and I somehow broke it.
See what yer cannivin got ya :eek:
You should be ashamed tellin her that story [ddev
:cool: Very Nice score :cool:

Jim

Latest posts

Back