My '41 Ford PU build!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got to take a ride in this monster this weekend - awesome! I could hear him coming several blocks away and I knew who it was....only one person could be making that much racket around my neighborhood!

It's pretty badass in person. Turnin' heads and scarin' old ladies...exactly how it should be!

yeah

congrats on a great build and thread, tripper. saw a pic on f/b. and found the build. i just waisted an hour and a half going thru this whole thing, my legs fell asleep i've been here so long, haha

next time ur taking pics could you snap me one of the front fenders where they meet the cowl/door area? i'm building a 45 gasser p/u. with 40 ford car fenders and wanna get a look at how the 40 trucks looked thanks,
george
dp1

i just waisted an hour and a half going thru this whole thing, my legs fell asleep i've been here so long, haha

Tell me... I wasted 4 1/2 years! [ddd

next time ur taking pics could you snap me one of the front fenders where they meet the cowl/door area? i'm building a 45 gasser p/u. with 40 ford car fenders and wanna get a look at how the 40 trucks looked thanks,

Will do!

Spent several hours cleaning stuff up... making sure everything is tight, castle nuts all have cotters etc.

Also changed the gears in my quick change rear to see just how tall a couple of the sets really are with a TH400. Got a few more things & then the bed. Gonna bob it & find some kool tail lights!

BoB

Sorry for the really lousy cell fone foto! Truck is running great & it's time for the bed to take it's rightful place. Also gonna bobb it about 9" to improve the proportions a lil! 6 weeks to Lonestar Round Up... yipppeee!!!

BoB

Attachments

• bed.jpg
    bed.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 45
The pic with manifold and rocker covers removed is awesome. I have never seen any internals of a nail head.

Here's what the ol Tripper's up to today! Chopped 9" out of the bed sides for a lil better proportion. Now on with fitting & welding!

BoB

Attachments

• bed.jpg
    bed.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 28
Got the driver's side of the bed bobbed today. Now on to the passenger's side!

BoB

Attachments

• trippermobile.jpg
    trippermobile.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 94
Looks good!!

I was looking over that buick motor I picked up....the kid just picked up some 2x4 box tube.....think he's got a plan for the nailhead.....anyway, nice job on the back......[cl

Didn't realize I had this foto on the '41 on my cell phone. This is after I bobbed the diver's side, other side next!

BoB

Attachments

• 41rear.jpg
    41rear.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 83
Well Lonestar Round Up is sneakin' up so I ordered some final parts today including some new gears for my quick change! Ck this... 1.89:1! That outta give the old Tripper some really good gas mileage! I be *crusin'*!!! I'll switch over to a 4.47:1 once I get there! [ddd[ddd[ddd

BoB

Will be spendin' a couple more daze in the garage this week & need to make some new tail lights. Decided to use some old '63 Merc tail lights I had layin' around & will make some brackets & hook 'um up! They'll need a lil trimin' up & I'll post pictures as I go!

BoB

Attachments

• tl1.jpg
    tl1.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 30
  • tl2.jpg
    tl2.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 37
Will be spendin' a couple more daze in the garage this week & need to make some new tail lights. Decided to use some old '63 Merc tail lights I had layin' around & will make some brackets & hook 'um up! They'll need a lil trimin' up & I'll post pictures as I go!

BoB

Bob those are like dog dish tail lights lol they look good can't wait to see it all together

Mike

Red letter day tomorrow... hope to get the real exhaust system put on my PU. Have an old worn set of Flowmaster 40's that have just been looking for a new home! Will report back! :D

BoB

Well... I went to this old cat muffler man's shop today & he snaked my pipes around the tubular x-member, master cylinder etc & it really felt great! Here's a funky cell phone foto of the driver's side! I'm fired up... a real exhaust system!!! :D

BoB

Attachments

• snake.jpg
    snake.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 56

Latest posts

Back