My 48 Ford F100. from start to hardly finished!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hizzle48

I bought this truck like this for 500 with a title and suiced doors already put in.
fordf4.jpg

I stripped the body off the frame and took the cab to my buddy joels.
fordf7.jpg

we braced it up and taped off 7 in to section. n then sliced n diced

fordf6.jpg

fordf5.jpg

i cut the orginal front end off and welded a mustang II front end on from a 1982 capri.

the thing that stinks about the front end is it had struts...so i bought mustang spindles for a arms and now i have to buy a arms after i finish the front part of the frame.
fordf10.jpg

i just started working at a semi truck/pickup truck accessory company that has pretty much every metal tool i would need to finish this thing! (which is a blessing) So this week on my lunch hour i have scarfed my food and made a few things for my truck. :) i made a gauge panel, cut the pcs for the front half of my frame and tmrw im going to cut pcs out of 1/4 in flat metal to box the frame in.

I really like the proportions of the cab after the sectioning!! Very cool! Thanks for posting the pics! Lots of cutting and rewelding but well worth it in my opinion.

Keep us updated on the progress.

Thunder

I bought this truck for 500 like i said. i spent 105 on spindles. I have 120 in metal right now.75 in a stainless fuel cell. The mustang II front end, the chevy 350 motor and transmission were given to me by my friend and his brother. I got the master cylinder, steering wheel,brake pedal setup,and seats all from the same capri i got the front end out of. so all in all i have around 800 bucks into this pig. i hope to not go over 1500 by the time im done but im sure something will come up. .)

the real thing that sucks is i only get to work on this thing on the weekends, i work in the omaha/lincoln area and have no shop or garage here so i have to drive back to grand island on fridays after work. :(

Nice!

Hizzle,
Nice truck guy. Have access to tools rocks!!! Thanks for sharing & keep us posted!!!

BoB

Love that sectioned body!!!
Glad to see u went BIG on it!!!
How do yur Suicide Doors operate??
Pretty sturdy??
Do u know what brand hinges they used??

truck looks good! thanks for sharin![cl

i would like to mention that an 82 capri "technically" doesn't use a Mustang 2 suspension, i really don't know what to call it,[S but it is cool to see it used in my opinion;)

keep up the good work.......[P.[;)

Yep - I know that drive you make is a pain but hey - look at the end result! I'd gladly drive across Tennessee on weekends if I could afford it! :D Especially if it meant getting my truck built! [cl

Thunder

so i got a lil bit of work done on the truck this weekend. Boxed in the frame and got the front part of the frame put on......but now i have hit a brick wall
fordf17.jpg

fordf20.jpg
fordf21.jpg

i bought spindles for a mustang II front end but like preacher said its not a mustang II front end so now my spindles dont exactly fit. the ball joint stud on the lower a arm is to big for the spindle to sit on there right, which is no big deal i could just ream the spindle out. But my next big problem is that there is no bracket or bolts to hold the caliper on the rotor :( guess i should have done more research when buying parts i just figured it would work.
fordf19.jpg

so this is the front spindle from the capri front end. i didnt want to have to build a big ugly strut mount i wanted to just put a arms on top with the new spindle, any ideas????

Latest posts

Back