My '51 F1 build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rustinf1

well ive been using the other forum and checked this one out and think i like it a little better. heres my build so far.

Attachments

• 3002.jpg
    3002.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 137
  • SANY13032.jpg
    SANY13032.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 100
  • SANY13082.jpg
    SANY13082.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 125
  • SANY12612.jpg
    SANY12612.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 123
  • SANY12952.jpg
    SANY12952.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 85
cont...

as of tonight. just need to weld in the pan hard bar tomorrow. then im gonna work on droppin the cab over it.

Attachments

• SANY13232.jpg
    SANY13232.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 107
  • SANY13262.jpg
    SANY13262.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 103
  • SANY13272.jpg
    SANY13272.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 107
I like what you've done so far do you have a plan on the finished product? If so why don't you lay it out for us, (fenders, no, chop, ) so forth. Keep up the good work.

i definately wanna do a 5 inch chop but right now im just tryin to get it together and driving. i have the cab mounted now. i pulled it out of the garage and took a couple pics.

Attachments

• SANY13372.jpg
    SANY13372.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 143
  • SANY13362.jpg
    SANY13362.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 98
i'm likin the looks of that f-1 there, rustin! i think you're gonna pass me & mine ......keep up the good work and the pics....

"keep us posted, and we'll keep ya encouraged"
HRP

thanks guys! i cant wait til its done. im gonna try and finnish the floor "board" this weekend. ill post some pics when its done.

Ok.
Im kinda dumb on these oldies, but was this a 51 ford truck starting out? If so, I think I just figured out were Im headin with my 52 Chevy.:D:D
RR

yes it was the whole truck except the hood. the fenders were rotted and smashed from bein moved by a tractor so i literaly pulled them off with my hands. the frame wasnt much better so i made one. it has been a lot of fun. im not gonna have it done in time to take it to the redneck rumble like a wanted when i started but there will be many more shows. im glad you guys like it. i dont get a whole lot of feed back the the other site. i guess its not old enough or something. sorry for the novel.

hey don't worry about the "novel" i've got a series of those around here!!:D

and you have truly found the best site for the "positive" crowd....
really alot of nice people--add to that you're building a cool project, and we can't help but be nice to ya!!:cool:

Sorry bout the other clubs loss, but I absolutely love it! I just got a nice old 52 Chevy truck and Im gonna rat it out to look like a mad max vehicle. LOL RR

whoa! its been a while since my last update. no it isnt drivin yet, but close. i still need a driveshaft, wiring, mount the radiator and grill, and do the brakes. works been really slow so i havent had the extra money for it lately. but i im in the home stretch. it should definitely be ready to take to all the shows i can get to next year. ill get some new pics up as soon as i find that camera. RF1

Latest posts

Back