My '52 Chevy rat rod project

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nuttinfancy

Just bought a 1952 Chevy 4400 series. I want to make it a low riding flatbed.

Ready to get this project started. Already disassembled the truck! Trying to figure out how to upload pics to this thread

Last edited:
Maybe this will work.

Attachments

• 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 50
  • 050.jpg
    050.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 051.jpg
    051.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 35
we're doing the same truck

mine's a '50 4400 used by American Airlines.. flatbed..I chose not to use those widow makers and to cut the fenders..but slammed low.. sweet!

glad to know someone else is building one

You are way ahead of me. I've only disassembled mine so far. This is my first rat rod project so I will be a little slow on the build.

not sure yet

Thanks for the compliment on my truck so far.
I am undecided on rear wheels at this point. Originally I wanted to use 19 inch wheels and adapters to go dually but the price and safety combined with huge weight makes me think I will now go old hot rod style and use readilly available modern rear wheels and huge baloon tires similar to racing slick size.
My rear zee will allow me to go about 5 inches taller than what is on the truck now and still lay frame.
I hope to get wheels with mostly inside offset to give allusion of narrowed rearend.

Attachments

• jthtyry.bmp
    148.3 KB · Views: 10
decent ride

yep I when with 12" wide 15" rims because I didn't want the added weight.. if I didn't intend to drive it much then it'd be different..I have a detroit locker to contend with though, makes turning under acceleration a little too much understeer

I got me an s10 rollin frame today. [cl I also got a brake booster with master cylinder, gas pedal and brake pedal bracket, and a drive shaft that I'll have to cut down. Can't wait for the weekend so I can start mocking it up and getting to see how she is going to look. I don't know whether to z my frame or raise the floor to lower the cab. I may just leave it as is- [S
Will have to upload pics tomorrow it got dark before I could get it all home and photographed.

Started back to work on the truck

Got the cab set-had to move it back to allow for the longer front end of the truck. I set it on the frame as is without Z'ing the frame. I was able to use the s-10 front cab mounts and built mounts for the back. It sits an inch above the frame on the mounts. Got the brake pedal assembly trimmed down and mounted, and got the booster mounted. Tomorrow I have to cut down the original steering column and get it mounted. Oh, found a cheap set of 20's so put them on to see how she sits. If I intend to run them though I need spacers. Already have a turbo 350 tranny and deciding on an engine. I need to get to work laying out the bed- going to go flatbed.

Attachments

• 044.jpg
    044.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 047.jpg
    047.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 38
  • 060.jpg
    060.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 42

Latest posts

Back