My 52 Dodge pickup project

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparky52Dodge

This is my truck and inset is somewhat the look I am after.

Attachments

• 52 plans.png
    52 plans.png
    152 KB · Views: 66
Looks like the ole truck is in pretty good shape to start with.
Get after it and post lots of pics so we can enjoy it too.

I'm excited to get started. It's all original #s matching with flathead 217 6 cyl. And 4 speed trans. It ran a couple years ago. This is me loading it for the trip home.

Attachments

• 2016-01-03 11.41.27.jpg
    2016-01-03 11.41.27.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 42
for got to ask ya what is the overall plan[S

motor, trans ECT:confused:

Later :cool:

Initially I need to assess overall Condition. Engine is suppose to run. If so I plan to focus on the body at first and then the running gear. I am hoping to do a 50's style hotrod kind of idea. I am considering alot of ideas including a visor.

visors

Initially I need to assess overall Condition. Engine is suppose to run. If so I plan to focus on the body at first and then the running gear. I am hoping to do a 50's style hotrod kind of idea. I am considering alot of ideas including a visor.

visor's look good on them:D

Attachments

• !!11.jpg
    !!11.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 23
More pics

More pictures of my 52 currently

Attachments

• back resized.jpg
    back resized.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 35
  • dash 1 resized.jpg
    dash 1 resized.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 34
  • emblem resized.jpg
    emblem resized.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 32
  • dash resized.jpg
    dash resized.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 35
Great truck

Sparky, I am building a 53 Pilothouse and have also started a build post. I will be tracking yours...certainly interested in how you are making out and what ideas you have.

Welcome to the site....I just joined this site a couple of days ago.

Enjoy!!.....

Sparky, I am building a 53 Pilothouse and have also started a build post. I will be tracking yours...certainly interested in how you are making out and what ideas you have.

Welcome to the site....I just joined this site a couple of days ago.

Enjoy!!.....

I left you a note on your build. I'd like to keep in touch as I get started. You are way ahead of me. I want to put a 318 in mine also. I have an all original with flathead 6.

cramped

looks a little cramped in there[S

don't feel bad, l bought a house with a 4 car garage to have space for working/storing cars and parts and still had to put 3 portable garages in the yard to put all the stuff l keep draggin' home.:eek:

looks a little cramped in there[S

don't feel bad, l bought a house with a 4 car garage to have space for working/storing cars and parts and still had to put 3 portable garages in the yard to put all the stuff l keep draggin' home.:eek:

Will need to pull the 86 out when I'm doing serious work on it. Wish I had more room but what guy ever has enough shop area?

patina

really nice patina, you gonna keep it[S

are the rear lower cab panels in good shape? mine was a eastern washington find, rust was fairly minimal. that made it a lot easier to work on.

Latest posts

Back