My 66 Corvair project

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WUWU20

Heres a quick pic of whats going on...have got everything pretty much cut off now that I'm not going to use, still have to take 6 inch's out of the rockers to shorten the door openings and then 6-8 inch's out of the cowl. Theres a S10 frame under it, I'll be rolling it out of the way this week and the rest of the body..

Attachments

• Covair project.jpg
    Covair project.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 67
Got the body up on the dolley after removing the rest of the body that I'm not using, (may use parts of the quarters for the bed, not sure yet), at this point I'll start shorting the door openings., removed 6 inches out of both rockers, install a sleeve and tack those up then cut the doors down and get them fitting.

Attachments

• Corvair cuts 2.jpg
    Corvair cuts 2.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 22
  • Corvair cuts 1.jpg
    Corvair cuts 1.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 21
Got some more stuff done tonight, made the sleeves for the rockers, slide the 2 pieces back together and the fit was next to perfect, was lucky and made a good cut....for now the 2 pieces are just tacked together until I get the doors fitted up, started on one of the doors tonight also and I believe thats gonna also go pretty smooth....I cut 6 inches out of the door "shell", but left the outer skin, once I attach the shell back together I can cut the left over skin off leaving about 3/8 inch over to fold over the shell.

Attachments

• Corvair cuts 8.jpg
    Corvair cuts 8.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 21
  • Corvair cuts 7.jpg
    Corvair cuts 7.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 18
  • Corvair cuts 6.jpg
    Corvair cuts 6.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 20
  • Corvair cuts 5.jpg
    Corvair cuts 5.jpg