My BBC has arrived.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maddog

Here he comes to save the day!
The doner car has parked in my shop for its engine swap from the BBC to a flathead.

After that it gets a banjo rear end and a solid front axle, but first the engine swap.

That allows me to start measuring things. I may draw another motor in the computer or just kind of fake it. Now that I have the real stuff its hard to spend time drawing in 3D. I did learn a lot about what I want to do now I can mock it up for real. The stuff is heavier but it smells good and gets my hands dirty.:D

The machine cabinets you see against the wall are some movie props I just finished this morning. I thought it made a great mix of old meets new.

I started the car twice today just to hear it rumble(open headers). I cant quite yet get a feeling for all that power in that little tiny Topolino.

When I started it for my wife she said "Oh my, it sounds ferocious!"
I said "Yeah".:D

Attachments

• cabinets and 29 ford w BBC 002 (Medium).jpg
    cabinets and 29 ford w BBC 002 (Medium).jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 43
  • cabinets and 29 ford w BBC 007 (Medium).jpg
    cabinets and 29 ford w BBC 007 (Medium).jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 44
  • cabinets and 29 ford w BBC 008 (Medium).jpg
    cabinets and 29 ford w BBC 008 (Medium).jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 33
  • cabinets and 29 ford w BBC 003 (Medium).jpg
    cabinets and 29 ford w BBC 003 (Medium).jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 36
BB's are good!

Maddog,
That is really sweet. Nothing shakes the windows like a good old BB! Congrats! That ought to supply plenty of excitement!

ISore

Wow, am I ever ready to follow this build. You gotta quit wasting time on giant electrical gismo boxes and start thinking "hot rod"

(The boxes do look good too)

Wow, am I ever ready to follow this build. You gotta quit wasting time on giant electrical gismo boxes and start thinking "hot rod"

(The boxes do look good too)

You got that right, but the boxs pay the bills this month. (Gismo boxes, I was wondering what they were called)

Follow the build? bring a comfy chair its a long winter.:D

And thanks.

Love them bbc engines. :) So what do you mean by it being in your garage for the swap.........are you going to do the work, or just pull the chevy and send him and his flathead down the road?

Don

Love them bbc engines. :) So what do you mean by it being in your garage for the swap.........are you going to do the work, or just pull the chevy and send him and his flathead down the road?

Don

He is a young friend of mine. He has no place to work and not really the skills to do the engine swap. He and I are going to do the work in my shop. Thats part of the deal for me to get the motor. He wants to learn and I like to teach. He can do all the hard stuff that old guys dont want to do anymore, if you know what I mean.:D

Down the road? only till he comes back for something else, like the front end and the rear end and the.... :eek:

should be fun.

Just be careful Maddog, sometimes these projects become something you wish you never got involved with. My buddy Pete (who has since passed God bless him) had a way of roping me into projects that started out simple and ended up with me wishing I had never gotten involved. A couple day project would go on and on and on.

Not saying that will be the case here, but at some point you have to draw a line.

Don

Just be careful Maddog, sometimes these projects become something you wish you never got involved with. My buddy Pete (who has since passed God bless him) had a way of roping me into projects that started out simple and ended up with me wishing I had never gotten involved. A couple day project would go on and on and on.

Not saying that will be the case here, but at some point you have to draw a line.

Don

You are quite right. Its already something I wish, in a way, I didnt have to do. Helping him did bring the price waaaaay down on the motor. He is a good kid not just one of those "takers" if you know what I mean.

There could be a suprising upside. He told me the other day that he has met this old native american somewhere in the mountians. They have struck up a friendship. The old guy has old cars (20's 30's 40's) piled onto his property,( like 50 1932 grill shells for example - a ton of stuff) and is getting rid of them. He sold a 32 roller to my friends buddy for $2000 yesterday.:eek: I told him today to put me on the list, he said he already had.:D We will see.

Hotrodding is new to me. I am still developing my network. So far, so good. I have made a lot of friends and many of them have helped me out. I also help them out with machining and welding and general fabrication.

Wish me luck.:cool:

Wow :eek:. I could use one of those grill shells with the insert ole buddy ole pal :D. Sounds like a very good connection for you. Was it a 32 Ford that your friend bought for two grand? At that price, one could stand to make enough money just flipping the car to fund another project. I'd keep it though.

Yeah, wouldn't that be a tough decision........should I make a bunch of money or keep the holy grail of hotrodding? I think I would be like you Gastrick, I'd keep it.

Don

Wow :eek:. I could use one of those grill shells with the insert ole buddy ole pal :D. Sounds like a very good connection for you. Was it a 32 Ford that your friend bought for two grand? At that price, one could stand to make enough money just flipping the car to fund another project. I'd keep it though.

Yes, a Ford.
I am not getting too excited yet. If its meant to be then it will be.

What's that next to the cabinet? Looks like a futuristic bonneville car.

Are you going to Hollywood Hot Rods open house this Sunday, Oct 21 ?

Latest posts

Back