My "Bigger Hammer"

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

striptnut

Hey guys ! Thought you'd get a laugh outa this tool I made for jokin' around in my garage. Every now and then one of the young hot rodders from around town would come buy while I'd be workin on something,and I'd ask em to get the power hammer out of the tool box and plug it in. I've had to stop a few of them from plugging it into the wall . Thought you guys would get a kick out of it !

Attachments

• photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 88
That's cool! I remember when I worked construction years ago, the thing was to get a rookie to go look for a "sky hook" It was supposedly used to lift things with, one end hooked on the item to be lifted, the other hooked to the sky. No such animal! Saw a lot of guys go from crew to crew asking for one, it always got a good laugh. They never got me on it, I figured it out. So did another new guy. Somebody sent him for one, and he came back driving a small mobile crane. Lo and behold, on the side of the boom it read "SKY HOOK"! Don't remember who made it, but that was their trademark. After that, the joke never worked any more!:(

Hang that hammer next to the wood stretcher ....:D

Hahaha I used to have a "Glass Stretcher" at a glass shop I used to manage back in Cali. I'd have "green-backs" walking around the shop looking for it !

Sending a rookie for a bucket of steam is always a good one, or how about a "longwait". I once set an apprentice to the shop next door on that errand. They had him standing by the washroom for an hour before he figured it out. He quit the next day.:eek:

Sending a rookie for a bucket of steam is always a good one, or how about a "longwait". I once set an apprentice to the shop next door on that errand. They had him standing by the washroom for an hour before he figured it out. He quit the next day.:eek:

Hahahaha I dont know why but I used to get a kick outa making the new guys run around the shop ,bumping into the walls and each other !Heck I guess I was just building character.

OSHA would never approve that hammer, not enough safety devises on it. :D Very funny and I bet it cuts down on people asking you to borrow tools.

Don

When I was apprenticing @ the Ford dealership, the bodyshop apprentice got sent on those "errands" all the time. "Woodgrain touchup paint" is the one that still comes to mind and makes me giggle...:D The parts department was ALL THE WAY at the other end of the building...:D

Regards,
Shea:)

when I was in the navy we would send guys to look for dehydrated water. they would be gone for hours wondering the ship looking for it.:D

we used to send people on different runs looking for sky hooks, beam strechers, and the sort. one day i sent a young guy for a plumb bob, dident see him the rest of the day, he thought is was another game i guess, the next day i had to show him what one was.

we used to send people on different runs looking for sky hooks, beam strechers, and the sort. one day i sent a young guy for a plumb bob, dident see him the rest of the day, he thought is was another game i guess, the next day i had to show him what one was.

Haha, you cried wolfe one time to many ! :D:D

Don

in the Marines we would send the new guys out for Frequency Grease. (I was in Comms)

Latest posts

Back