My Christmas present to me

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willowbilly3

A *real* tin magnet
In 1964 I got my first new bicycle. It was a Hiawatha very similar to the unrestored 65 in the picture. It had a black frame, a rear rack and no moustrap on the front. So I scored a pair of these, identical 65s and I took one and made it like the way I rode mine in 6th grade. I did go with satin black and mine never had a white seat. I had a NOS pair of Coast to Coast hardware tires I've had for years. All I need is a painted chain guard and a set of apes and I'll be there.
Next up is a 60s Schwinn with a Bendix 2 speed. It don't need much.

Cool! Not really bike ridin' weather, though. LOL I have an old Husky out in the shed with flat tires. Similar "beach cruiser" style, and might just drag it out one day and put tubes in it. But then I suppose I would have to ride it. :confused:

Cool ride.

I have a Columbia that looks identical to the black bike that I've been trying to sale for a while. If anyone is in the market for a cruiser Lmk.

I bought this for myself two years ago Christmas. Got it stripped down, cleaned but, it's still sitting in a Tote Box waiting for it's return to glory.

I'll see if I still have the badge. I think was a non-famous manufacture that made bikes for small local shops to hardware stores.

Latest posts

Back