My first build-1938 GMC pickup

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Be sure to check out the youtube posted above by zacho. Zach's next younger brother Justin shot the video and edited it. I think it came out really good.

The youtube is probably one of the best first ride videos I have seen. It really captures the feelings of the first ride. We are proud of you Zach. Great job Grandpa.

Hey I just got to read this thread for the first time and I must say you and grampa did some great work.

Congrats on the first ride!

Arin

Deep Sleep

SnowScene002.jpg

Grandpa Bob W. reporting: After the first drive, Zach prepared to go off to school to study Windmill Tech. Just recently he climbed a 300 foot tall windmill tower.:eek: While he was away the truck sat along side the back garage.

S-10001.jpg

Today the truck got a windshield. There was no windshield frame available so the glass is glued in.
When Zach was home for spring break we dug the truck out from its winter slumber. A few test drives came up with lots of thing to fix/change. Z-man went back to school and I've been picking away at it since then.[;)
1. Fixed the mufflers which were hitting the frame. Big banging noise!
2. Added 2 extra leaves to the front spring. It was bottoming out and had almost no suspension.
3. Moved the steeering box and lengthened the pitman arm to speed up the steering. Too many turns before.
4. Pulled the HEI and everything related to it and put in a points distributer. Trying the fix the ragged running condition. Improved some.
5. Pulled the free Holley spreadbore and stuck an Edelbrock carb on. Sounds much cleaner but haven't driven it yet.
6. Changed to a working alternator.
7. And the main thing...Got a title and plates!!![cl

It's almost ready for summer fun.[dr

Latest posts

Back