my first kit car hope you like it

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minister of Sinister

well I got a 1929 Mercedes gazelle about 5 months ago and finished it today tomorrow i take it to get inspected and titled here are some build pics, had to learn to work with fiberglass, the body and floor needed to be glassed together, wiring, I used a Pinto for the running gear, 2000 4 cyl, and 4 speed, it came with the frame just had to add the Pinto front end and rear end suspension, hand brake, clutch, steering column, the gauges were after market, than the top all the snaps and supports, alot of the stuff i have done on the hot rods i have built. I can post more pics if you like just ask

Attachments

• frame.jpg
    frame.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 67
  • HPIM2288.JPG
    HPIM2288.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 53
  • gazelle 2.jpg
    gazelle 2.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 44
  • gazelle 6.jpg
    gazelle 6.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 42
  • HPIM2540.jpg
    HPIM2540.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 58
I have seen one of these kits in it's assembled state , never one that was being assembled ... looks like you did a lot of work . Even if it's a kit , I looks to have been a major undertaking . Nice job !

a little history on it, the kit was purchased in 1984 for 8390.00 than the guy got the Pinto and rebuilt everything, his wife got sick than died, that made him just put it all in storage, well he met another woman than married her a few goes by he got sick and died, I saw the parts on craigs list for best offer, well I sent her an email saying i didn't want to insult her but 1000.00 is all i had, she emailed me back saying no one has offered her even close to that so she said come get it
I flew down there to get it, any way the pinto stuff isn't just stock it is hy performance, it has a cam, header, 4 bbl intake and carb, and all chromed out
new radiator, AC, heater, every part i got brand new,
so far I got 2000.00 into it, i looked online to see what they say the value is, well i see them selling for around 3500.00 to 6800.00 but the value is rated at 12500.00

A lot of well done work, and just in time for some summer cruisin"(when it's not raining too hard in your neck of the woods.).......just givin' ya a hard time from the "dry side"

Nice ride.

I also paid agrand for my "kit"...I prefer to call it a replica..37 SS100 Jag

Attachments

• SS 100.jpg
    SS 100.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 52
Nice job on both cars! I can appreciate the amount of work involved. M of S what are you going to do with yours?..CR

I also have a 37 Jaguar ss100 I am building it for my wife to drive it has the mustang II running gear, almost done with it, I bought it for 500.00, I like the jags better too as they are bigger cars than the MG and Mercedes

Latest posts

Back