my gals turn (for a car)

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billy

Motor mouth ratchet jaw!
one of my car buddies has a 53 buick special we might pick up for my sweetie.
everything is there . and it comes with 2 straight 8 engines.
one is rebuilt and ready to install the other needs a build.
i will post pics soon.
she is all kinds of excited.
and i dont blame her
they are really neat looking cars.

an example
1953-Buick-Special-Two-Door-Hardtop-Series-40-4337-Exterior-01.jpg

One of the best, and worst things I did was buy my wife her 56 T-bird. Best because she now loves shows and swap meets, worst because now I have less time for my own junk.[;)

Very kool!! I just bought a '57 Chevy 2 door wagon for my girlfriend :)

Attachments

• 425848_3085201801397_1004436880_3029085_713647757_n.jpg
    425848_3085201801397_1004436880_3029085_713647757_n.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 22
well
we pulled the trigger and she has many hours of work ahead of her.
we will farm out the engine install but there is plenty of other stuff to do.
$750 is what we settled on.
dawnscar012.jpg

dawnscar014.jpg

dawnscar013.jpg

dawnscar021.jpg

Nice score

Wow those are way cool, the stainless trim on the car is worth more than you paid for the whole car, the side pieces look very nice on the shoebox fords. I know you and yours will get lots of enjoyment from that old sled.

update
the deal is off
the kid cant find the title and he never got it in his name anyway.
and since i aint into commiting a felony via title fraud or jump through a million hoops.
we told him good luck.

update
the deal is off
the kid cant find the title and he never got it in his name anyway.
and since i aint into commiting a felony via title fraud or jump through a million hoops.
we told him good luck.

too bad, but I wouldn't sweat it much..theres still lots of good projects out there

Bummer. Is the title impossible for him to get from the PO ? I know these things can be a mess sometimes, but maybe it isn't as bad of a problem as you think. Can you contact the PO directly and see about getting it ?

Don

Bummer. Is the title impossible for him to get from the PO ? I know these things can be a mess sometimes, but maybe it isn't as bad of a problem as you think. Can you contact the PO directly and see about getting it ?

Don

he's dead

Billy....

he's dead

Go to the DMV and ask them to do a title search on the vehicle....it should let you know the last person it was titled to and if he's dead, maybe a family member / executor of the estate can get you a bill a sale? Not sure how it works there but just a thought....lot of work but if you want it....might be a way to go...

If the kid never transfered the title....

Then the car is still in the dead guys name....so basically the executor / family still own it....or have the local PD run the vin# and if it comes back clear then have the kid give you a bill of sale and go from there....again, Michigan is a little less aggresive in this stuff than some states....hope it helps...

Latest posts

Back