My Introduction & Pics

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crankman

I began this project in Feb. of this year with a bare custom frame and bare cab 1941 Chevrolet I bought out of Georgia. I got my inspiration for this truck from Ron and Tiny1. Still have a long ways to go. I work on it usually on Saturdays, hopefully be completed by summer '10. It will have a blown 468 big block, the block you see in the photo's is just for setup. I am running a 400 transmission with 373 positive traction. Top is chopped 4 inches, Jim Hall out of Jackson, AL chopped it for me and straightened the many dents in the cab. Still deciding on what type of grill to put in. I have a '34 Ford grill, but not sure if that's the one I going to run. I put 4-link suspension in the rear, coilover shocks, fuel cell, and battery box, also put in the interior transmission tunnel, built the bed myself; the tailgate is original. I get some help from my brother and 10 year old son. I am new to this site and I am going to look into it for a lot of ideas. Thanks. crankman

Attachments

• 100_4678.JPG
    100_4678.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 62
  • 100_4680.JPG
    100_4680.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 40
  • 100_4687.JPG
    100_4687.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 43
  • 100_4688.JPG
    100_4688.JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 41
  • 100_4683.JPG
    100_4683.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
welcome to the RRR! this is THE site for helpful folks and lots of good ideas...
looks like you've got a good start on a cool project-i just can't imagine how wicked that will be with a blown big block!!:cool:

Crankman glad you found the site. Man that truck is killer!!!
Ron an myself are fixing to head back to cruisin the coast be glad when you get finished thats a sweet ride.!! This is a great bunch of guys that don't mind helping anyone out. There is a ton of knowledge here so fell free to ask

Welcome to RRR, crankman. Nice looking project. Should be killer with that blown BB.

Hey crankman, welcome to the triple R from Ontario Canada. You may be new to the sight, but it sure looks like your not new to the hobby. Great work so far. Looking forward to seeing more of this build.

Latest posts

Back