My last build, I call it my RatZ

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Dude

Okay, I know it isn't old American Iron, but this thing sticks to the curves like glue and is a blast to play in.

History of my 1977 280Z: I bought it from the PO after it was recovered from being stolen. The car was stripped, including the interior. I put in a rebuilt 74 260 hooked to a 78 5 speed. I put in the heavier R200 rear and added disc to the rear. The engine sports an Arizona A manifold with a 390 Holley, 81ZX turbo cam, 81 ZX hotter HEI type ignition with a MSD blaster coil, Complete Monza exhaust including headers. I get 22mpg driving it easy or hard, makes no difference. 81ZX wheels, Honda prelude buckets, 8 ball shifter knob. White face gauges, MSA front air dam, rear window louvers. In various stages of red and flat black primer. I've won 2 2nd place trophy's with it, believe it or not. All parts were strictly bolt on.

I'll keep this car just to get the old blood stirring from time to time.

8adc08f7.jpg

those are very fun cars to build, tons of potential. build what you want, thats the point of the game

Yes those are a blast to drive! Ya used to see them everywhere back in the '80s but haven't seen one in my neck of the woods forever.............makes you wonder where they all went:confused: Have fun with it!

I call it my RatZ because none of the parts are new. I traded parts, stripped doner cars, used what I thought would work, if it didn't I scrapped it and tried something else. I think I have about a total of 600 bux into the car. I found a lot of the smaller parts on ebay too. Some of the stuff I got was junk, but it's a chance you take getting stuff off ebay.

I built a 72 240Z with a 5.0 Mustang set in it. Lots of parts hunting for that one. Had a friend fab up a set of mounts to my specs, and bolted the thing in. That build was costly. I won't do it again, but it was fun doing it. The purists freaked out. Just imagine ruining a perfectly good 240Z. The way I figure it, it's mine, I'll build it any way I want to. You don't like it, buy it from me and do what you want to with it.

Loved my SJX jag with the 350 chevy in it. That my friends is another story. LOL

I call it my RatZ because none of the parts are new. I traded parts, stripped doner cars, used what I thought would work, if it didn't I scrapped it and tried something else. I think I have about a total of 600 bux into the car. I found a lot of the smaller parts on ebay too. Some of the stuff I got was junk, but it's a chance you take getting stuff off ebay.

I built a 72 240Z with a 5.0 Mustang set in it. Lots of parts hunting for that one. Had a friend fab up a set of mounts to my specs, and bolted the thing in. That build was costly. I won't do it again, but it was fun doing it. The purists freaked out. Just imagine ruining a perfectly good 240Z. The way I figure it, it's mine, I'll build it any way I want to. You don't like it, buy it from me and do what you want to with it.

Loved my SJX jag with the 350 chevy in it. That my friends is another story. LOL

There's an older German fellow used to have a shop in North Oshawa...Always tinkering around with sporty cars. He had one or two Z-cars there at one time that he built for people with SBC's in 'em. Also had a couple SBC powered Jags running around town awhile back. Yeah, the purists do get a wee bit p!ssed off about it...;)

Looks like you're having fun and putting together a car the "old fashioned way"-by scrounging instead of spending. Keep up the good work and enjoy it!:D

Regards,
Shea:)

Latest posts

Back