my new 1950 Chevy 5 window!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yone187

Went t check it out yesterday and hopefully picking it up today
More pics to follow
utf-8BSU1HMDAxMDUtMjAwOTA3MjYtMTMyN.jpg

Last edited:
unfortunately my buddy thats givin' it to me called me today to come get it but i left my phone off and didnt realize he had called so hopefully tomorrow!
my plan is either a roadster or just a good ol' roof chop. I want it low... real low!
the price was right! 0 doll hairs exactly. running straight 6 just needs a fuel filter and the rear axle needs some TLC.
here is one more pic and a larger one of the other pic.
utf-8BSU1HMDAxMDUtMjAwOTA3MjYtMTMyN.jpg

IMG00104-20090726-1323.jpg

great lookin truck there! man that looks to be a good one to work with.....
i think slam it down in the weeds,,,,and drive it !!!

...well, ya might want to put a front fender on it..:)

got it out of the weeds and almost had it on the flat bed but the tow truck driver got a call from the cops to pick up a wreck.
don i will be giving you a call real soon. oh by the way it has 2 extra doors and both workable front fenders. just missing the carb, generator and fuel filter i believe.
rear axle is torn apart so I need another.
I basically don't know where to start haha. I figured start with cleaning out the cab and building a frame.

Last edited:
If you actually plan on driving it a bunch (at highway speeds), throw a V8 in it....along with a modern transmission and rear end.

I would love to... but it all depends on the parts i can get together.

Its called a donor car. Find a cheap/free 60s-90's chevrolet car or truck and use the "matched set" drivetrain.

My truck has my old 79 camaro engine/trans/rear end in it.

Its called a donor car. Find a cheap/free 60s-90's chevrolet car or truck and use the "matched set" drivetrain.

My truck has my old 79 camaro engine/trans/rear end in it.

ha ha oh yeah! i need to hit up the local pick and pay. i would like to use the o.g. equipment since its there... but i also really like the idea of having a v8

so do you think its worth using the 216 or should I find a V8?
I would like to keep cost down but still want it to keep up with modern day cars.

so do you think its worth using the 216 or should I find a V8?
I would like to keep cost down but still want it to keep up with modern day cars.

well if you wind up having to rebuild that vintage 6- a used v-8 might be cheaper in the long run.....
since the rear is "out" anyway, if the 6 is usable then changing out that rear to a later model "cruiser-friendly" ratio would give you more speed (those old trucks had LOW gearing

i also agree w/ dmw on the brake thang.....if ya gonna run it ya need to be able to stop it-way too many on the road today to not consider it

lookin forward to the build and btw that is a really nice ratrod toter ya got there!!!!!:cool:

Latest posts

Back