my new"" plymouth

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cantwell.colton

Rat Rod Philosopher
49 plymouth -- just got it -- should be fun
ply1.jpg

ply2.jpg

plydash.jpg

plyeng.jpg

not much to look at but she runs like a champ

CC,
Wow... that is a neat old car & if it runs well all the better. I'd keep those wide whites & run baby moons! Keep us posted!!!

BoB

looks like a good place to start a project.......[cl

a complete... running... car....
i could only imagine what it would be like to start a project with one so nice.....:p

good lookin' old plymouth--gotta love those old Flattys[dr--Dare to be different!! You don't see many of those body styles running around--great find!![cl John T.

I always liked that style of Ply. Have fun with it, and send more pics. Those ole flatty sixes sound good when ya split the manifold and run duals.....

well... gotta take everything out and rework the floorpans so i figured id go ahead and channel it while i was at it ... and it actually came with the baby moons -- white walls will stay for sure ... other than that i dont really know yet..but ill keep yall updated

throw a cheap paint job on the mercury sell it to fund your build on this car, you'll be surprised how fast the process will move , and how happy you will be [cl

throw a cheap paint job on the mercury sell it to fund your build on this car, you'll be surprised how fast the process will move , and how happy you will be [cl

lol nah ... not yet ... ive been thinking a lot about it and if i sell the mercury im almost set on buyin one of these old mail jeeps
mailjeep.jpg

and making something like this
mailjeeprat.jpg

but keeping the roof on it in a sedanish type build but with a small bed also ---
would kinda be like an extended cab -- super short bed --- im not sure -- ill have to sketch it up.

Cool car! I've got a 48 i've been building for a few years; those old Mopar flat sixes are some great engines. Fatman's Fabrications carries front end stuff if you want to upgrade the brakes and steering. Here's a quick pointer to increse the ride quality; the front shocks go between the upper and lower control arms and do very little to absorb impacts. Relocate the top shock mount to the frame and they ride much better.

... so i figured id go ahead and channel it while i was at it ...

Channeling it would be really cool. I had a '50 just like that and you really can't get them very low. This pic was with cut front coils and 4" lowering blocks in the rear. The front suspension was sitting on the bump-stops and there was about 2" left in the rear suspension.

I wished I had white-walls!

Attachments

• CIMG1831.jpg
    CIMG1831.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 23
thanks guys -- i appreciate it ... -- one thing -- today i was lookin and my rocker panels are pretty shot -- was thinking if i tack on an extra square with some body fill i can get another 2 in or so closer to the ground on top of the suspension mods... any thoughts?

Channeling it would be really cool. I had a '50 just like that and you really can't get them very low. This pic was with cut front coils and 4" lowering blocks in the rear. The front suspension was sitting on the bump-stops and there was about 2" left in the rear suspension.

I wished I had white-walls!

how much would you say to cut on the front?

plyvisor1.jpg

got a visor for it -- its just sitting there right now -- still have some small adjustments but i wanted to see how it would look

Latest posts

Back