my new ride

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rust Rod

heres some pics of the 53 chevy i picked up last weekend. im the 3rd owner
inline 6, 3 on the tree, all original exept for the paint and 12 volt conversion, every thing that was done to the car has been writen down on a list from 1967 to present so i thought that was cool. all of the original paper work was in the glove box from the bill of sell to the window tags. all of the original parts are in the trunk, and there is NO RUST on the intire car.
0518091305.jpg

0518091305a.jpg

0518091305b.jpg

0518091306.jpg

Kool ride?!

Dude,
That's a really kool ride but be very careful... those Herbies in the background mite get jealous when u start drivin' the kool Chev all the time now!!! Love it!!! What r u're plans? :D:D:D

BoB

thanks guys not sure what i have planned for it yet i have just been cruisin it arrownd so far, probably gonna reupolster the seats, get a new carpet kit and headlinner then, lower it a bit.

the pics where taken at a frends house where every one keeps there baja bugs lol there is 13 of us who have them and we go beat the hell out of them in the desert.
(the OD Green one is chris' and as a joke we took it when he went on a trip and cut of the front end of it and used the plasma cam to cut out a jeep grill that fit on it and it turned out lookin bitchin and he ended up liking it ill try to get some pics of the grill up soon)

as a joke we took it when he went on a trip and cut of the front end of it and used the plasma cam to cut out a jeep grill that fit on it and it turned out lookin bitchin and he ended up liking it ill try to get some pics of the grill up soon)

You guys must be pretty good friends. Not to sure how I'd feel about someone cuttin' my ride up when I wa gone!!! :eek:

BoB

lol ya he is an older guy frends with my frends dad. we call him uncle chris he is really no one uncle tho, but ya he liked it alot, and he was planning on cutting the front off to but the baja fiberglass nose piece and fenders on any ways(the cool thing is we made it so he could un bolt the jeep grill and put on the one he was gonna use if he didnt like it, so we where basically doin the work for him)

like the heavy chevy- that thing looks like it was froze in time back in the 50's---i love it!!! great ride..just like it is or customized...:cool:

cool i like it !!! i like it!!! reminds me of something but i cant put my finger on it!!! oh yeah the cheiftian, IMO, the 54 and older chevys was the best looking of the 50's chevy.. had 3, 53's, 1, 54, 1, 51, and a 52 pontiac that i have now, just about the same lines,,,

Attachments

• DSC00505_edited.JPG
    DSC00505_edited.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 9
thanks rev and preacher! and it does look like that pontiac exept the front end is longer and the grill is diferent but every thing else is the same lookin but that is why i love GMs.

Latest posts

Back