My new Shoe Box

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smokey

I just snagged me a super clean 1950 ford 4 door sedan [cl

going to try and put up some pix .

plans are to get her road worthy then break out the torches for the mild custom treatment

Attachments

• 1950 ford.jpg
    1950 ford.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 81
  • 1950 ford 2.jpg
    1950 ford 2.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 85
  • 1950 ford 3.jpg
    1950 ford 3.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 65
1st on the list is to get her home and get the flattie tuned up and get some fresh rubber under her. dry rotted bais ply's aint what i want to be cruizin on. Btw forgot to mention that i'm the 3rd owner of this fine black sedan:D:D:D
the last owner had her since 1956

Then comes the fun stuff....

I'm on the hunt for a visor and skirts, probly will get to french the head and tail lights as well a jamco drop this summer, next year hoping for a mild chop

gotta get her going she's my new daily driver :cool:

and she only cost me 1100 bux :D

BTW if you check the pix up top you'll notice an amber driving light where the bullet would be in the grill, that is an original piece, its a dealer installed option. I'm not sure if its going to stay on the 50 or not. Its cool cuz its odd but I'm not sure if I like it enough to run it [S

Thanks bone :) I hope to get her moved in to her nice warm garage in thext week or so i can get to working on it.

I'll post up more pix once i get started on her.

When went to look at her earlier today and finalize the deal to buy it, I ran my hand down under the rocker panels its clean as a whistle front to back Im just anxious to pull up the carpet and see whats lurking under there the trunk pan looks pretty solid from the inside though, so far so good

I had a 50 for a while. Paid 1000 for her. Was not driveable. Looks like you got a very nice ride there. I was looking for a family cruiser. Similar plans? I do like the bullet trim piece. But the amber light is not something you see often. I think I would leave it.

thanks guys :)

it shouldnt take too much to get her on the road, major items are tires and the previous owner had pulled the intake off to check a lifter so im going to (just to be safe) pull the flattie and do a regasket of it and inspect the bearings lifters etc then she ought to fire right up

I had a 50 for a while. Paid 1000 for her. Was not driveable. Looks like you got a very nice ride there. I was looking for a family cruiser. Similar plans? I do like the bullet trim piece. But the amber light is not something you see often. I think I would leave it.

yeah it s a 2 fold deal, I wanted something iwth a back seat cuz we have a 6yr old son, and we wanted a neat old custom for our wedding the big bonus is that we get to enjoy her forever [cl

seatbelt

yeah it s a 2 fold deal, I wanted something iwth a back seat cuz we have a 6yr old son, and we wanted a neat old custom for our wedding the big bonus is that we get to enjoy her forever [cl

i may have an extra seatbelt or two if ya need one for the kiddos seat ..
i used 2 for my back seat for my kids but i think im only gonna run lap belts
in the front... dunno what your plans were but just throwing that out there.

found a sweet pic of a chopped and dropped 50 for avatar sorry its kinda small but it is spot on for what i want minus the flat paint

[dr

Latest posts

Back