My new wheels?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davidhud29

I apologize up front if I am posting in the wrong place. Not really sure where to put this. I am getting some uncle sam money back and would like to invest it. Really considering trying to start selling mild kustoms. Basically taking a good foundation and doing some minor work to turn a profit (car flipping). Actually this post started to see what everyone might think of this car I am considering for my daily driver. But also considering the rod shop idea. Sorry I'm kinda all over the place.

Pic of car that's for sale through Craigslist $800 56 Buick Special no motor or trans

56buick.jpg

But since were on the subject what do you guys think?
I like the big Kustoms and sleds. It would make a kool driver that I could take the kids in too.
If anyone knows of a 50's style car for $4k OR LESS; let me know, I might just be interested. Preferably a running driving car.

Those years of Buicks are very good looking cars. We've considered turning out a car occasionally to help defray the rent on our shop, but every time we've put a pencil to it we find it would cost more to build a car than we could sell it for. We would also end up paying ourselves about a buck an hour labor.:(

It's very strange, but cars are sometimes worth more as parts than as whole cars..........and no one ever gets all the money out of a car that they put into it. If you add up all the incidentals besides car parts, like sandpaper, primer, paint, grinding discs, electric, etc. I have way more in my cars than anyone would ever fork over.

Don

Yeah, I love the Buicks of that period. Lots of chrome and that front end bumper and grille seem to draw me in.
I figure I would have to turn out cars as a hobby more than a profit. I guess that's why they sell so high when done by a pro. shop.
I had also considered buying up some old cars like this one and simply parting them out on flea-bay. They are worth more sold that way. But I hate to see people taking a good base for a kustom like this Buick and selling them off piece by piece. It's just sad to me. If the car couldn't be used otherwise; except for parts, I understand.
As popular as rats and low-buck rods are now I thought maybe.... just throw something together and people would buy 'em.
Alas I think I'll just build 'em for me, and when I'm tired of my current ride sell it to get the next one.

How hard would it be to find a descent original power plant for the Buick?

Latest posts

Back