my parts collection so far

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
forgot to mention that i can probably get the rear end from the 41 ford that i got the front suspension from and was wondering if it is worth using. I have no idea what ratio it has or anything about them except it looked to have radius rods on it that i may be able to use with it and i have heard i need to convert it to open drive but can't find any info on how that is done.

thought i'd mention that i believe speedway also sells a kit to convert your closed driveshaft ford rear to open-type....and there were some year-models of ford truck that had an open drive--- if you could find one.....

well i finally got my wire wheels, i bought 5 of them for 100 bucks and may go back and get a set of 17's for future use. I'll get pics up tomorrow of my wheels. I can't wait to get them painted and have my wide whites mounted so i can go out and start mocking up this thing to finally get a visual of what i have in my head.

just some random pics of my wires and the white walls i have.

35fordwires1.jpg

35fordwirewheels2.jpg

P1090159.jpg

P1090158.jpg

tirecloseup.jpg

i've gathered up some more parts

got everything to split the wishbone from speedway and a 4 inch dropped axle from Sid at droppedaxles.com. his work is great and i love the look of the axle.
P4070280.jpg

also bought a 42ish ford cab to replace my F1 cab. it's rustier than my 49 cab but i just love the lines of these years. i plan to chop it 5 inches and was panning to section it but i think i'm just going to mark a straight line off at the bottom of the cab and trim the rust off since there is very little left of the lower revel on the back of the cab.

P4070290.jpg

P4070288.jpg

P4070291.jpg

P4070290.jpg

Nice collection of parts and some good deals! So since you found the 41 cab what are the plans for the 49 cab and doors? I could take them off your hands......

yeah i thought the red looked like it was bleeding as well, one of the reasons i don't want to section it is cause I'd loose some bullet holes...lol. I need to get some 1x1 and start bracing up the cab and get the floor cut out and then start the chop. But first i need to get the driver door to open, half a can of Wd-40 and the latch is still frozen solid.

as far as the 49 cab i'm not sure yet. I"m for sure keeping the bed but might part with the cab and doors. it's in really good shape for it's age( i wish the other cab was as good)

some more goodies came in the mail today

guy sent me a Rochester 2 jet carb,air filter,coil, and an old points style distributor off a 71 chevy truck. the truck was a running driving vehicle and he was just using the longblock for a v8 swap in an s-10. best part is it was all free. I'm hoping the carb is one of the style i need to run the edelbrock 3 deuce intake that summit sells.

P4080312.jpg

P4080311.jpg

and i bought some motor mounts off welder series, i just paid the extra 7 bucks to have them come fully tig welded.

P4080313.jpg

and then i was playing around in the garage with my chunk of rust and some tape. i think I like the mail slot look so the whole 5 inches is coming out of the rear window.

P4080309.jpg

P4080310.jpg

also picked this up off ebay for 10 bucks since i was able to just pick it up. it's off a guys 76 vette where he just put an aluminum one on. don't really need it but figured it was worth 10 bucks
P4080308.jpg

started taking apart one of my axles so i can split the wishbone and get it ready for mock up on the planned 2x4 wood frame.

P4160320.jpg

P4160321.jpg

the brake parts are in great shape as well as the spindles although i was unable to keep from destroying the bolts that lock the king pins in the axle and the threads on the perch bolts got a little buggered up. This stuff is a pain to take apart with no press or heat.

Well i got what i consider to be the hardest part I've had to acquire yet. I'm the proud Indiana titled owner of a 42 ford pick up now:D now i can start building something and not worry about it since i legally own it.

having good paperwork is always good, i got my cross members in and the motor and tranny mounted too... any shows or swap meets around here coming up???:D

Latest posts

Back