My project pics as I promised

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny-B-Bad

Well, here are some pics of my projects i have. First, ill start off with some buld pics of the T.

When i bought it.
34left.jpg

Started buildint the frame with my bro.
DSC00397.jpg

New subframe
DSC00479.jpg

Mocked up 4-link
DSC00512.jpg

New floor pans
DSC00962.jpg

Car together back in my barn
DSC00978.jpg

Still lots left to do. Im waiting to get the barn done so i can finish this one. doing some stuff in the garage at home to make things go along alittle quicker and have stuff ready to bolt in. Rebuilding the trans now. Then have to finish the more, carb linkages.

Heres some pics of the 40 chevy. None of the real cab (nice one we're using), just of the parts truck. Frame is perfect on that thing. Looks like it was an old hot rod back in the day. Had a 283 with a 3 speed saginaw out of a vette. Has a 56 chevy rear. Cab was crushed when a tree fell on it but im turing the cab into a roadster while Josh is away at school. Look for it on sale when i get it finished, hopefully before winter.

Truck behind my taco, barely made it back.
DSC01083.jpg

Close up
DSC01084.jpg

Stripped down
DSC01097.jpg

283 w/the saginaw 3 speed and early lakewood scatter shield
DSC01089.jpg

Have more pics of it tomorrow, batteries in the camera died so i cant download them

And heres the start of the buick roadster.

Heres the 60 Electra 225 i started out with. 401 nailhead and 2 speed dynaflow.
DSC00382.jpg

Heres what i have now.
DSC00649.jpg

And heres what its going to look like when its all done.
144716966_6cfee9d8b8.jpg

And thats it. Let me know what you guys think of my monstrosities.

John

I like!!!

Johnny,
I like u're ratty projects!!! Looks like u have u're work cut out for u're self with that truck though. Love the Big Bad Buick. My Dad had a '59 Buick with a Wildcat 445 motor. That sucker would EAT highway!!! Thanks for sharing!!! 283 looks awesome!!!

BoB

Thanks Bob.. that buick your pops had sounds pretty cool. Im looking to find a 2dr hard top, eihter 59 or 60 just for a cool custom i can run around in. But that wont be around untill these are done.

And this really isnt the cab im using. Have a cherry 40 cab in new york that i chopped with my frined josh. Its sitting there with a rebuilt torquetube rear and a hot little 235. Put that in this frame and have a nice little chassis that we can put the nice cab on. The red cab thats on the truck now is gonna be turned into a roadster. Cut the top off today so all the hard works done. Now i just have to cap off the cut with some tubing. Make it nice and round, just pretty lookin. Then ill make my own hallock/duvall type windshield for it.

Latest posts

Back