My truck has ESP

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhilJohnson

My daily driver (65 F100) broke down on the way to work tonight. Right before this happened I was thinking to myself how it sorta sucked I had to work on a Friday night. I then thought how it would be convenient if the truck had a small but easily repaired breakdown so I would have a ligit excuse :cool: Literally about five seconds after thinking that the truck quit on me. The engine cut like someone shut the key off. I tried starting it to no avail and had to pull over. With the four ways on and using my cell phone like a flashlight I couldn't see anything that was obviously amiss. I gave the wire that goes from the terminal of the coil to the distro a few little tugs and tried starting the beast up. It did start only to quit 10 feet farther down the road. Deciding it would be better to either get a tow home or limp home than to go the 15 miles to work through a mild snow storm I called in. After I called in I jiggled the wire again. The truck started and I putted down the back roads to my house. Didn't miss a beat, so I figure it has to be the wire. I guess I'll be going out tonight anyway to eat fried fish with my buddies anyway :D Truck must have sensed my lack of enthusiasm to go to work tonight.......

Always a chalange driving an old truck. The po of my 61 F100 had used a tree branch to check the fuel level and it fell down inside the tank. The bark eventually worked loose and entered the fuel line where it stopped the flow... I had to walk home one dark summer night.

Latest posts

Back