My uncle's hot rods

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treehick

(Sorry for the split - but apparently only 5 photos at a time)

His latest project before he had his stroke was a ford cabriolet - and he was interviewing people to do his interior/convertable top before he fell ill. Everything is shaved - with 2 manual buttons for emergencies (in case his fob stops working). The fob operates his windows, locks, doors, etc. Everything in this car is electronic and the engine is a 460 (I think...sorry - bad memory - unless I work on them, I have a hard time remembering) - but it definitely has a six pack. (3 carbs in a row). This was going to be his and my aunt's cruiser - none of his other rods had windows or stereo - they weren't comfortable on long trips or bad weather.
Photo018.jpg
Photo019.jpg

Photo020.jpg
Photo021.jpg

Photo022.jpg

Last edited:
Photo023.jpg
Photo024.jpg

Then there are these:

Model A pickup:
Copied and pasted when he was talking of selling it (he still has it):
"The '31 Model A pick-up would probably bring about 30K. if freshened up a bit. As is, 25K would be fair and reality is I would take around 22K. They should feel they were getting a bargain for this kind of vehicle and it would be somewhat fair to me also. Quick description: Original 31 cab, made up bed, aprons & running boards, fiberglass fenders, steel 32 grille & grille shell, original hood. Small block 350/4 bolt main Chevy with turbo 350 trans/ Ford 8" rear, 4 bar suspension front & rear, dropped tube axle with disc. brakes front/ drum rear. Has "Ford" custom gauges, Mopar tilt steering column/ wood steering wheel. Motor is "new" (no more than 5,000 miles) due to dropping a valve in the last motor while racing. Rattles like a typical Model A, runs down the road straight/ true with all the power you would need."
Nov29_0001.jpg
Nov29_0002.jpg

Nov29_0008.jpg

Nov29_0006.jpg

And I wish I had pictures of the 69 Chevy Stingray Corvette Convertible with the 427 big block that he has sitting in another bay of his garage. He was replacing all the wiring in it as well as trying to finish the cabriolet. Oh and he also was almost finished with building his woodshop that when I think of it, I think of Norm Abrams show...all equipment has a vac line hooked up, with the vacuum in another bay/garage, and he had a woodstove to heat to help his furnace heat his garages by the house. He had power/heat/water down at his other garage.

(on a side note - here's pics of a 67? cj5 that I just traded for a shortbed chevy- that I'm now trying to sell)

What I bought and used to make 1 single jeep:
DSC00373.jpg

What I sold: (and I found out that spring perch was broken after I loaded it on the trailer to take offroading - a friend had one laying around...)
Mar21_0030.jpg

An example of what I enjoy spending my weekends doing - with my old truck:
DSC00747.JPG

And my current truck (helping out the field superintendents with something:
Photo378.jpg

Hope your uncle can rehabilitate and get back to enjoying his hot rods. Some very nice cars there. Tell him I'm praying for him.

Your uncle has some very nice machinery. Thanks for sharing. I hope he gets back on his feet and finishes that 36 so he and your aunt can enjoy it.

Latest posts

Back