My VW trike project aka-Tryclops

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrotten

Trike12024.jpg
I've been on this thing way too long.
Trike12025.jpg
This is being built to sale.

Thanks. It has been fun. This is my first VW trike build. I went to a Brothers of the Third Wheel rally and decided that I needed to give building one a try. I'm going to try and get it finished over the next few months.I'll post pic's when it's finished.

Cool....I saw one w/ a flathead ford in it.. I think 'honest charley is building one now? I'll have to go back and check..

Well, it's a 2 wheeler.. Throw one of these in it .. you will probably want to keep it then >>>

>taken from a search for flathead ,'honest charley'..;
If you've been around a while you may remember the Honest Charley ads in Hot Rod magazine and other car mags back in the sixties. Back then, they were one of the premier speed parts suppliers. These days, "Honest Charley hisself" as they used to say has passed on but the name and trademark was purchased by Coker Tire and they continue the tradition of old time speed.

They started making Flathead motorcycles by taking old Ford Flathead V8 engines and installing them in a hardtail springer frame. These are all one off creations with some slightly different parts to make things work and no warranty of any kind is included. But if you're getting a flathead, that comes with the territory. Putting a big Chevy crate engine in a huge bike is one thing, this is a lot neater.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back