Naming your car, truck, bike, etc...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmmmmm, never knew anyone that named their cars. It was always Bob's Vette or Jim's Mustang, unless it was a show car. The was a street race Mustang called "Fast Stang" which changed with a multi-colored paint job into "Fantasia".

Oh yeah

The red 56 is "Jethro". My 55 Ford COE is "Buford".

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 2
  • MY CABOVER 001.jpg
    MY CABOVER 001.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 5
Years back we had a IH triaxle grain truck with a 24' bed. It was a moose! It had a big gasser in it.We bought it used from a neighbor up the road. We soon named it Scooby Doo. It was a big dog!

couple of mine

I had a 55 chevy pickup got called The Greaser
I had a 58 ford f350 farm truck with stock racks and a dump they called Ol' Poopy.
The truck is gone but I still have the Nisan feeds "happy pig" tin sign off the back
I had a purple 69 2 door mercury marquis they called the ace of spades
There was a 73 grand prix I had with with no rear floorpans and no exhaust past the mufflers we called The Sleeper.
I had a 71 dodge dart with a 69 dart front clip everyone called "nice Nova"

currently figuring out what to do with an 82 buick regal... thinkign of straight axl-ing it and running chevy truck arms in the back. thought I might call it Raggle cuz its a little ratty. Raggs+Regal=Raggle

Sawtherat

MY BUDDIE JIM NAMED MINE FOR ME HE CALLED IT (SAWTHERAT) BEING A 3rd GENERATION OREGON LOGGER IT FIT . IM GOING TO END UP WITH ABOUT 20 DIFFERENT KINDS OF BLADES, CHANES,HOOKS,AND CABLES ON SAWTHERAT[;)

Attachments

• SAWTHERAT2 013.jpg
    SAWTHERAT2 013.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 6
Well, lets see:
`79 Monte Carlo - Thunder Horse(named by Dad)
`88 Ramcharger - The Brick
`96 Neon - Piece of S**t
`90 Turbo Ranger - Phil(first three of plate are FIL)

A friend also calls his `90 F150 "Bruiser".

-Johnson

Last edited:
Hey Billy, Thats a pretty nice cj5

And he's in the best part of the world to enjoy it!

thanks man
that is my first love
vintage 4x4's are so cool

I'm hanging onto a set of dana 44's and 9" from an f100. Maybe find a set from a scout. I saw some old 30's and 40's fords instead of hotrodding it they made it look like a factory 4x4 one was in olive with the white star on the door

My '56 Jimmy was picked up in Minnesota for me by my friend, Bob, so therefore it's name is "Jim Bob" - - - - it also has that good 'ol Suthern Redneck ring to it. :D

Latest posts

Back