Naming your girl

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well,,,my 1st truck to get a name was my red 66 f-100-seemed possessed so Christine seemed to fit(you know from the movie) and my current project 46 was originally owned by a little man that was nick-named "chig" (short for no bigger than a chigger) so eventually the truck became Chigger -it really took hold after seeing Mater from the cars movie!
i know one guy who names all his rides by the name of prevoius owner...sam, joe, etc.

all of my cars come with name badges. I know im really strange but thats what i call them. Wifes car ...... kia. My car ........ Z.

i know i know, so original with my huge imagination, :D

You know, I have been puting some time into mine and nothing has come across either. It seems like you just know what your going to name a car when your working on it, but it hasnt found me yet eiher.

Mine are usually called some expletive, at least until the bugs are worked out! Then I end up using the name of the former owners or something that just fits its attitude.

Examples: Jaguar = Boomer (former owners named it), '48 one ton = Ted (Grandpa-in-law) Geo = Teardrop (looks like one and I cry every time I have to drive it or work on it), Cavalier = Isabel (hurricane that was occurring when wife bought it)

I didn't get around to naming the last one. I've been looking for another project and my wife said she doesn't want any more projects so my next one may be called Grounds for Divorce

i've always thought of a name when i drove mine, then again it usually turned out to be something like beast or pos because the powersteering kept going on me.......

I don't name em although I often refer to my Anglia as "the little car" because it's so small. I did name the engine in my coupe. I call it the Doomsday Device.

Years ago, when I was into the low riders, I helped a girlfriend of mine do up her '67 Chevy with a cotton candy pink paint with hot pink pin striping and it had that long angel hair carpet all throughout the interior which was pink in color - - she asked "what should she call it - I told her Pitty Tink and that is what she had painted on the rear 1/4 windows - - the car won several car shows for the paint and interior. And yes I did drive it sometimes - - of course I wore my shades - ha ha

My current 55 project is named "Vertigo". That is referenced because it is suppose to make your head spin when you see it. Also, I was going through a bad case of vertigo at the same time I needed a name for the rendering so it fit.

well i usually call mine by some girls name,, but a girl named this cause it was green and looked like a turtle,, she even bought me a turtle airfresher!!!

Attachments

• DSC00489.JPG
    DSC00489.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 5
I don't normally name mine except for a few choice 4 lettered names when things go a bit out of sorts. :D CeCe called the truck a beast when we got it off the trailer when we bought it. The name stuck and really fit once I put the side pipes on it.

I don't generally feel any of my cars need names, it isn't like they can answer if I call them, lol
But my last truck just ended up being Loosey and I had another one many years ago that was The Raddler.

dont force it it will happen on its own. when i built my 41 i named my garage first. it happend one day i was looking under the bench and found 3 rat holes so RAT HOLE GARAGE fit good and what do you when you have this problem? you put a RAT TRAP in it.

GOOD LUCK

Latest posts

Back