Narrowing the rear frame rails on 63' Falcon Ranchero

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoolVanilla

Has anyone attempted this little project? I've seen Falcons at the drags running big slicks and they have them tucked all under the car - no cutting out the wheel well.

Has anyone attempted this little project? I've seen Falcons at the drags running big slicks and they have them tucked all under the car - no cutting out the wheel well.

Don't think that's possible! Maybe not the outer but no way without cutting the inner! [S

Toad

Sure, done all the time. Best way to do it is to "back half" the frame, where you cut off everything forward of the rear end, run a rectangular tube across the cut off sections, and then make up or buy two new frame rails that you weld inboard further than the old ones.

A lot of work, and not real cheap, but it is the right way to get big tires under the back without cutting into the body. Here is one such kit:

My Son is doing a mini tub on his Fox Mustang, and he moved the frame rails in enough to clear big tires.

Don

Latest posts

Back