Nead help with Steering Column.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dobber

Ok so I put the Steering column in on my 1960 ford truck that I got on a 1974 LTD Chassis. The body and bed fit great, but the Column out of the LTD just is not going to work. So I need some ideas on the what u-joint to use. I was going to cut the bottom of the LTD Column and mate it up to the upper part of the stock column, and go with a floor shifter. Will this work or is there a cost effective way that is better?

Kelly

Well,

It is too long to fit right, The shifter is binding do to the angle, and doesnt look right in the cab do to the linement, I can use the Column if I put a U-Joint in it, but the shifter still will not work. I am going to put all new metal in the floor, so I might as well make this one look right. Also I have to do some work on the brakes, the pedal hits the floor before it stops. I may go with a seven inch booster and a different pedal setup.

That is the U-joint I was going to get. Weld on both end.

well today won the bid on a double u-joint system off of a 1997-2002 chevey Camero. I think it will work for what I need, and it was only $26.00 total. They cost about $50.00 from Speedway just for one u-joint.

Dobber

ecf0_1.jpg

Latest posts

Back