need a small speedometer

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmcdanl

I dont have much room on my dashboard since there is a huge bar under the dash. I need to find a speedometer with a 2" diameter. Does anybody make anything like that? Here are pictures of my dash. Not very recent pics though. Now i have a temp, oil pressure, and voltmeter gauge.

DSCN1032.jpg

DSCN0954.jpg

Just an idea I've kept in the back of my mind, I haven't tried it yet. A small electric tach scaled to the gearing. Top gear would read such and such rpm at 60 MPH, add an extra scale to read MPH or KPH what ever you need. Take a look at ag tractor tachs, they have a scale for every gear and are still used as the tach as well. On a 2 inch face your not going to have room for all that, but you should have a tach scale and a top gear scale. Going to take a bit of work on your part to calibrate it to the speeds you want, but it should work if nothing else is available. Sniper

do you mean choppers as in motorcycles? would those work in a car? that probably needs a special cable right?

Just about any M/C speedo will work, as long as it is the right ratio for your trans - ie: 1 to 1, 2 to 1 and just about any transmission shop can make a cable for it. But it looks like you have plenty of open sheet metal to place any size speedo .

Latest posts

Back