Need an automatic shifter, which one?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bearcamp

I have a 350 Chevy automatic transmission and need a shifter. Right now it has a B n M rachet type shifter and looking foe a regular shifter, no rachet cause it's for the wife and has problems with it. What would be a good one out of the bone yard that is simple hookup and ease of operation?

Not out of the yard, but I have been looking at the B&M Z-gate... It seems to be a simple shifter with no ratcheting... And one of the only "inexpensive" shifters with a reverse lockout. You can get them for about $125 new. It amazes me that most of the cheaper shifters don't have reverse lockout... bumping into reverse at 70mph is not fun.

I've always used Lokars, Gennies, and most recently an American Shifter. But as for a junkyard one, how about one out of a Fox Mustang ? The earlier Mustang shifters were the hot item at one time, but are getting scarce and pricey. The Fox ones are close to being the same and are everywhere.

Don

Latest posts

Back