Need Donor Front Leaf Springs... What cars had them???

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IRON MAIDEN

OK, I hope I explain this ok. I have a 46' International Harvester truck I'm rodding out. Check my build thread here.... http://www.ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14815
I am swapping in a 48-52 Ford F1 front axle setup to give me options on disc brakes, wheels..... You get the idea.
It was almost a direct bolt in but the spring pad/UBolt orientation is a bit off and it causes side pressure in the spring mounts when bolted in. I'm gonna make custom rear hangers and front shackle hangers on/in the frame. I was gonna make them for the Harvester springs but I've decided that if I need to relocate them a bit to relieve the side pressure created by the F1 axle, I might as well use a better leaf spring pair with modern eyes that will accept poly style bushings. Then I can be done with the metal on metal greasable shackle bolt setup that the truck came from the factory with. The springs are 1 3/4" wide and 39" eye to eye.
What I need to know is what cars or trucks came with similar springs? I know I can have new main leafs made for my spring packs, but that equals more $$$$ than donor srings would be. Car springs I think would be better as there would be less arch and maybe lower my truck a bit. Any thoughts on possible donor springs?
Not sure if it matters, but I will have a complete Harvester truck with all the sheetmetal and a SBC 327/700R4 combo.

Latest posts

Back