Need Help - Make Model & Year of "Chicken Shift"

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No wonder I was having issues pin pointing this one - Ford, Pontiac, Plymouth, Olds, and on another site they're saying the grill looks like a customized Merc...
Thanks for the help!

Here are few more from the same show (a bit smaller in size):

1936 Dodge Coupe - Orange - Engine Detail by Mike Rogers 303, on Flickr

1951 Pontiac Eight Sedan Delivery - Purple & Silver by Mike Rogers 303, on Flickr

1967 Ford Fairlane GT - Green by Mike Rogers 303, on Flickr

1932 Ford Coupe - Red by Mike Rogers 303, on Flickr

1955 Ford Thunderbird - Flat Black by Mike Rogers 303, on Flickr

1923 Ford Model T Hot Rod - Mo Rod by Mike Rogers 303, on Flickr

1929 Ford Model A - Plan B Racing by Mike Rogers 303, on Flickr

Wow I thought I had a "knack" for taking pictures. They are all fantastic but that first one of the Ford is AMAZING!

Thanks!

To be fair, a lot has been done to theses outside of the camera. I played with the Ford shot in Photoshop CS4, using a Tilt Shift effect from Topaz Labs - Lens Effects filters. In addition, all of the shots are multiple RAW exposures blended with Photomatix Pro for HDR composites. They have also been tweaked a bit using Topaz Adjust, Denoise and Infocus filters.

Cool pics. Thanks for sharing.
I love Topaz Adjust too Lots of neat little tricks you can pull off with it

"Chickenshift" looks more like '54 Meteor. A Canadian Ford. The center of the grille has been changed. The original grille had a "V" inthe middle where this one has a wide bar. Just a thought.

speedbump2 -

Thanks for the new lead. Here is a shot of a stock 2-door Meteor that I found on Flickr from "Carphoto":

1954 Meteor 2 door by carphoto, on Flickr

I think you may be on the right track with this model. The owner of the show car still put in a lot of work to add the side molding chrome, two tone paint, custom grill and unusual side mirrors. I think you guys are right on the '56 Plymouth grill. I also think they may have taken the side moldings from the same Plymouth, flipped them to turn up rather than down and used them for this car. Very creative build.

Thanks for looking and for the help in solving the mystery!

Mike

Last edited:
Thanks Gastrick!

One more correction on Chicken Shift:
Side molding is from a 55 Pontiac Chieftain
(Thanks to kustom55 on Flickr)

Latest posts

Back