Need help on 60-63 Chevy C-10

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daytona

I have a small motorcycle shop here in Daytona. I picked up an old truck that we are trying to make a daily runner for a cool little shop truck to use around town. It is a 65, but has a 60-63 style cab on the frame. The dash has been cut all to pieces over the years and needs to be replaced. Is that possible? How does that dash come out? I assume I have to remove the windshield? I also can't find any aftermarket companies that make anything like that and I assume I need to find one at the junkyard or try to fab some filler panels. Any used part sites I should check out? Any ideas??

Is it the double hump 60-63 dash? I might be out of it on this one but I think that dash may be welded to the body from the factory. You might have to patch it with other dash parts.

There is about 25 spot welds along the windshield that need to be drilled out.

Pretty sure that the glass will have to be removed.

There is a place in Mobilhoma that might have em, but I will have to find his address.

Google 67-72 Chevy Trucks. They have lotsa info on 60-66 trucks.

Good luck!

You can cut the lib off the dash at the windsheild with a right angle grinder, yes the windshield has got to come out. Then just weld a new dash in. Ruff shod is right about the spot welds and they are a bitch to remove. I had the same problem in a '65 I had. I left the lip under the windshield seal and fabbed a new dash. Everything is steel around it.

yes they are correct i have a 63 and the windsheild has to come out and it is spot welded in place.what exactly you looking to replace?i have some cataloges laying around id be glad to see what i can find for you.

Daytona, at least a re & re of an old Chevy p/u w/shield isn't that difficult to do. If it's not damaged and you want to re-use the glass, and if the rubber is in decent shape and you plan on re-using it as well, spray the inside of the gasket down with release agent. It'll make taking the glass out easier and reduces your odds of breaking it.

Latest posts

Back