Need Motivation

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arkansawer

As some of you may remember i have a 52 plymouth 2 door sedan. I havent done much to it yet, 1. being cause i dont have a shop and working out in the heat isnt my cup of tea. But im also losing motivation, the car isnt exactly what i want but its what i can afford at the moment. Got the car for 100 dollars with the floors being the only thing rusted out.

Now i want to chop the top and make it pretty much into a led sled but i need motivation. Can anyone find me some pics of a 51 or 52 plymouth 2 door sedan thats been chopped and rat rodded or hot rodded out. All the pics that i have seen are restored and stock. Im on the edge of selling this one and finding something else.

I found a 53 dodge town panel truck, but it needs alot more work than the plymouth that i have now. Id like to have an A sedan, but everyone that i find is way out of my price range. So need motivation pics or just motivation words to get me going or to "lead" me in the right direction.

Torrey

alright man, here is what you do. go outside after the sun goes down, open the door on the car and sit inside. Be quiet and just let your mind see the finished product. Go crank up your daily driver, back it up in front of the car and leave the lights on. get out and pop the hood on the plymouth and just stare at the motor. now, go by some airbags and put them on the car. walk through your local junkyard looking for cheap parts. man, do something, get out and go to car show.
thats what i always do.

Just me!

Torry,
This is just me but... I have to have the passion for the car I'm workin' on or it will never get done! Most of the cars I have I've wanted for a long time & can't wait to get started on. I just recently got rid of one I couldn't get in the mood for! I say... next!!!

BoB

I'm not that big of a plymouth/dodge fan but those pix got me more interested in that particular model.

If that's not some motivation.......what is??

Ratty 46

This is some motivation, always worked for me to see it in action.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRMHPd9i_t8

Also I know what you're going through. took me two years to semi finish this truck. I don't know if this will help or hinder your cause but let me show you a story. I was seraching for the perfect truck, something I could get my hands on learn a few things and make my own. Found this project outside scranton, PA.
2802042528_b976f490df_o.jpg

I brought it home and over the next two years I became perplexed why I bought it. From fabricating the floors to finding the parts. Some days I felt like selling the damn thing. But I after seeing a final goal in mind I began to realize that it's taking more of my time and money just sitting there. I started to envision the end product, to the point where I actually sat in the skeleton 5-15 minutes before I started working each night close my eyes, put my hands where the steering wheel went, acted like I was shifting and felt the rumble of the engine. Some passerbyers may have thought I was nuts, but oh well. After those fifteen minutes I got really Jazzed, and set to go. Finally after two years I ended up with this.
2801219289_d8e142342e.jpg

So there you have it. After all that griping, when I drive down the road and little kids look and point and smile, all the bikers that wave, all the dudes driving their mini vans off the road to figure out what it is, after all that I don't regret one moment.

Hope that helped. The video is better than my speech.

What about a trade

Is your car a cranebrook
I had one 20 years ago
I have a 42-47 ford truck that I can trade you
If your looking for some thing differant
or a 55-56 chevy that I can trade
I'm working on a Wal-Mart remodel in Hot Springs
Mite can get some pictures on sat-sunday :)

Thanks for all the words and pictures yall. Im gonna try the sitting and just listening to see if i can get anything. I like alot of the pics, even unchopped pics look good.

Here is one that was shown to me that looks sweet as hell. Im gonna go out this weekend and just sit and see if anything comes to my head and if this car is the one for me or not.

Hillbilly, post some pics of whatcha got. Im pretty sure its a cranbrook but not 100 percent, just about 90 lol. Look for my intro thread and theres pictures there of when i first got it.

Attachments

• chopped51.jpg
    chopped51.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 32
I don't know, I think that's a good lookin' car, I'd get to work on it!

Sometimes I get a little burnt out with some things, like my doors on my A, I just take some time off for a couple of days and then tell myself get this done one door at a time. took three FULL days but now they work great, are all patched up, and fit pretty good. Next step. Just go out with a little project for the day and you'd be surprised how things lead into each other, next thing you know it's 3am and you don't want to stop. Buying a new tool once in a while helps me too:D.

Sean

Arkansawer, That car you posted that you like is one of the cars I posted. One from the rear before before it was chopped, and one after it was chopped but before it was put back together. It's a good looking car imo.

There is at least one chop top '50s Mopar thread on the HAMB.
Probably more than one.

If you are losing motivation,even before you start,you have a big problem.

As some of you may remember i have a 52 plymouth 2 door sedan. I havent done much to it yet, 1. being cause i dont have a shop and working out in the heat isnt my cup of tea. But im also losing motivation, the car isnt exactly what i want but its what i can afford at the moment. Got the car for 100 dollars with the floors being the only thing rusted out.

Now i want to chop the top and make it pretty much into a led sled but i need motivation. Can anyone find me some pics of a 51 or 52 plymouth 2 door sedan thats been chopped and rat rodded or hot rodded out. All the pics that i have seen are restored and stock. Im on the edge of selling this one and finding something else.

I found a 53 dodge town panel truck, but it needs alot more work than the plymouth that i have now. Id like to have an A sedan, but everyone that i find is way out of my price range. So need motivation pics or just motivation words to get me going or to "lead" me in the right direction.

Torrey

Arkansawer, That car you posted that you like is one of the cars I posted. One from the rear before before it was chopped, and one after it was chopped but before it was put back together. It's a good looking car imo.

I didnt even realize those were the same cars. Now going back and looking at all three pictures, i really love the car chopped.

This thread has changed my attitude completely, and i want to thank yall. Its always nice to have friends that will give ya a kick in the butt to give you a little jump start. I had my mind set on a total rat, but now its changed after these pics.

Now i do believe that im gonna make a led sled ground pounder. Again thanks.

Gas, im gonna steal those pics and tape them on the car for motivation pictures.

Latest posts

Back