need some advise on a frame please

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allstar

hi there,
i have been lurking around for some time and have started collecting bits for my ratrod.
i have got a 49-ish chev cab, chev 350 V8, with jag suspension. my problem is im not sure as to build my own frame from scratch and have it the way i want it from the word go, but then have troubles getting it registered and so on, OR get a second hand short wheel base chassis from an isuzu bakkie and modify it to suit my needs??
any advise will be greatly appreciated.[P

depends

what are you trying to build?
if its gonna be fenderless your best bet is to build your own --
and there are plenty of builds from very knowledgeable folks
here that can help you out tons...

Use the title to the cab and drop it on any frame you want. Never met a DOT guy that knew the difference..:p

i am from South Africa, Slight problem....
i have managed to find an Isuzu short wheel base chassis for a fair price here in S.A. im am def going to have to modify it to accomodate suspension and engine. hav not bought it yet, still contemplaating it....

I can't really help you with the frame, as it seems to be more of a legal issue than anything, but what I can tell you is that I wish I could be in South Africa this summer. I love football and I've always wanted to attend the World Cup games. Maybe the 2014 games in Brazil? :rolleyes:

Best of luck to you and South Africa in the games! :)

I can't really help you with the frame, as it seems to be more of a legal issue than anything, but what I can tell you is that I wish I could be in South Africa this summer. I love football and I've always wanted to attend the World Cup games. Maybe the 2014 games in Brazil? :rolleyes:

Best of luck to you and South Africa in the games! :)

it is more of a legal issue, getting the frame registered and so on.
thanx for the luck!

Latest posts

Back