Need some help...???

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

70_boosted

not entirely to sure if this is the area to put this, but im looking for some suggestions on a steering column to run. I have little room yet, can make more if i find a more suitable column. I'd prefer running some type of drag race style column i found on the likes of jegs, etc.

Hoping some people can chime in with some good ideas on clean, simple, effective steering columns to use. If there is a thread on building/modifying your own by all means. Tho im after the type that is clean like the old school trucks, or the ones that are utterly bare like in drag cars, etc.

thanks for anyone that has help.

My first thoughts would be pre-airbag delivery vans, old 1ton+ trucks, or maybe even buses. Those tended to use generic stuff a lot longer than the pickups and can still be found.

i will def look into that one, if i dont find a better, cheaper alternative. thanks for both responses

I built mine it's easy. Take a modern column cheap or free. Rip the inner shaft out and throw it in a piece of pipe with bearings at both ends. I used a ranger column and have $0 Invested look at my 1st thread to see it if I don't post it later

Latest posts

Back