Need some help

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

46FORD$PU

Ok I was looking at Craigslist last night and found a rod frame for sale it didn't have any cross members just side rails and front-rear cross members for $600. I call him today it sold but he has another one not welded up yet and he is offering it welded up with cross members and motor mounts for $800 I am not a welder so it would be best for me to have this done for me correctly and safe is this a good price?

IMO it depends on the quality of work. I wouldn't pay that much tho. I bought a new t bucket frame with ALL of the suspension for $1500.

ok I am now second guessing myself with help from this guy not getting back to me, now I am really thinking of having a buddy that is a welder help me z my 46 pick up frame.
What do you think ?I was checking out a build in Rebel Rodz and a guy used his 46 ford pick up frame and it looked like what I am hoping for it was a 6" front and a 12" rear z.

front end

[Sgood evening have a front end question hope I can find some guidence, I was looking at Rebel Rodz mag and notice a truck that a guy used a truck front axle with a spring over suicide set up but I couldn't really see how he set up the spring mounts to the truck I axle have any of you seen or done this?

I would check the Ford builds F1 - F6 builds, if they used the stock axle, and wanted a transverse spring setup, they had to engineer a way to make it work, and they had some great solutions.

Latest posts

Back