NEVER design a car when u're stoned on acid!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
groovy baby groovy

[S i'ma diggin it....[S

Attachments

• dy-no-mite.jpg
    dy-no-mite.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 9
Cool man...pass the pipe again...it might even get better looking:eek:

Sorry...I was having a nightmare...or was that a flashback:confused:

who says open wheel and ifs dosent look good? I find it refreshing when someone does something that the main group dosent like. If it wasnt for people who did that there would be no rat rods. Im not saying its beautiful, but different is good sometimes just because its different.

Shoulda chose my words better. To say what I mean: IFS is not as clean looking as a straight axle on a fenderless. Stock placement is unbalanced with the motor and radiator too far forward. Stock A-arms are, in general, not pretty. Tubes aren't bad. A manual rack and pinion helps clean things up. Stock frame horns do not look clean. Stock spring and shock placement look cluttered also.

Can an open wheel IFS be done to look good? Definetly! Have I seen that looks good yet? No. Although there are several I've seen (including on here) that are OK looking. The process just hasn't been fully figured out yet - it will be eventually.

Hope I don't sound like I'm trying to pick a fight - usually I'm the guy defending the open wheel IFS idea from B.E.D. and others. :)

I still stand by my first opinion though - that thing has some major style problems.

In 1974 that was quite stylish. (you had to have been there). Custom Vans were all the rage, panel painting, C-cabs, Elton John, David Bowie, Cheech and Chong, paisly shirts, liesure suits, bell bottom pants, polyester cloths, disco music, all kinds of stuff to make you gag.

In a retrospective analysis I can appreciate the sentiment.

THAT GRILLE looks like it came off a kenworth tractor . please dont insult the hippies of the 60s by labeling us with this pos .. the rest of it aint too bad ..

Latest posts

Back