new 2 RRR & like to do photo "chops"

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allkar

can't do them all, but will give some a try.
like to do TOONS too!

0c02b14eaa.jpg

dc14b5405b.jpg

f31bfb3a02.jpg

cc30bf141b.jpg

Yo Allkar--Welcome--

I've been chewing on an idea to turn a 38 Buick I have into a 2 seat Auburn style speedster I want . Can you hack on this Buick pic to give me an idea of where to go to get something similar to this speedster?

I'm thinking of using the top to make the 'Boat tail' It has a dropping curve I like, and I believe I could pie cut it to get the taper.

Thanks

PA41

Attachments

• !Bj5J9F!BGk~$(KGrHqIH-E!Es9-KeuqtBLVRdeS7w!~~_12.jpg
    !Bj5J9F!BGk~$(KGrHqIH-E!Es9-KeuqtBLVRdeS7w!~~_12.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 27
  • d8b3_3.jpg
    d8b3_3.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 22
Yo Allkar--Welcome--

I've been chewing on an idea to turn a 38 Buick I have into a 2 seat Auburn style speedster I want . Can you hack on this Buick pic to give me an idea of where to go to get something similar to this speedster?
I'm thinking of using the top to make the 'Boat tail' It has a dropping curve I like, and I believe I could pie cut it to get the taper.
Thanks
PA41

looks like that could work. i'll give it a shot

Welcome to the site. Good work on those. Hope you enjoy it here. Do you have any projects? Good to have you here.

i've been draggin' my feet on my '50 ford

bdc065266d.jpg

1dfc5f4f3f.jpg

Yo Allkar--Welcome--

Thanks
PA41

came up with this. put the luggage hatch on the drivers side. didn't change the wheel base. it could be a little shorter.

1e1acb0531.jpg

Wheeew!! Sweet.. Good eye for proportions. It is a little long, but that lends that extreme look that the kinda car was. A monster 2 seater. If I could only get near that I'd be smokin.. It does look like the car has most of the parts to get there.

Thanks for the pic--ya gots some skills with that.. (your real car looks pretty slick too).

Thanks again..

Pa41

Last edited:
Actually, I believe the little door on the side was originally intended for the gentleman's golf clubs... ;)

Allkar, welcome to our friendly little hive. Your shoebox is one hot lookin' little machine and you have MAD talent with the photoshop...I've always wanted to try it, but drawing with anything other than a pencil makes me nervous... ;)

Regards,
Shea :)

came up with this. put the luggage hatch on the drivers side. didn't change the wheel base. it could be a little shorter.

1e1acb0531.jpg

Longer hood - like if it had a v12. Move cowl, door, etc back a foot or so toward the rear fender. Keep the wheelbase. A Speedster like that needs a big long motor IMO.

I've been looking at the proportions of the 35 Auburn speedster as the standard to follow, and the edge of the dash is 1/2 way between the wheels.

So AK and SF are both right when they thought that proportion wasn't quite right.. I can go to goodwill for some golf clubs, and just fake it -- stick some tools in the bag with a couple clubs sticking out.

I've been doing some of my lame photoshoping on the Bentley, and found If I set the front wheels 7" forward of stock, I'll have the 127" WB and about the same proportion at the dash edge/door as the Auburn. I'll need to build a front rad shell anyway as it didn't have one, and it should be about right if I make it real 'thick'.. I'm using the turbocharged 350 SBC from the donor, and there should be about a foot of room infront of the firewall, and I might build a toe box and set the seats real low--Not sure till I stretch the frame this weekend (hopefully). If nothing else just cover the engine up with sides.

Heres some pics I'm using for ideas, and a pic of the engine/frame donor.

PA41

Attachments

• 1ttt4828.jpg
    1ttt4828.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 993.jpg
    993.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 22
  • 35-Auburn_851SC_BoatTl_Spdstr-DV-07-MBA_02.jpg
    35-Auburn_851SC_BoatTl_Spdstr-DV-07-MBA_02.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 23
This has the front axle extended about 6" and the firewall moved back about 6":

Attachments

• 1e1acb0531 copy3.jpg
    1e1acb0531 copy3.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 24
This has the front axle extended about 6" and the firewall moved back about 6":

Yeah--that made a difference. The little things all make up the right or wrong look when put together.

Lots of times I'll build something and have to let it sit for a few months before I see where to go with it. Sometimes I'll hit, andd sometimes it never gets right..

Thanks for the input--its helpfull.

I'll start a build thread on the Bentley Speedster pretty soon. It is in a lot better shape than the Buick, and I'll use the Buick top for the Boattail. I hope to rough it in pretty quick--a month--(maybe a bit optimistic)..

PA41

Are you going to use this thread as a place for folks to post photo-chop requests, because if so, I have one. I won't clog this thread up anymore than this if you aren't. You do good work, it'd be cool to see more of it.

jim

Latest posts

Back